Deny - Loki x Reader

Words: 1425
Pairing: Loki Laufeyson x Reader
Featuring: Thor Odinson, Tony Stark, Others mentioned
Warnings: nightmares, briefly mentions death (but not graphic at all)
Requested by anon
Summary: Loki has been released from prison and sent to stay with the Avengers. Thor, your best friend, asks you to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't do anything evil. What happens when he starts to have nightmares?
Author's Note: so I used to think the hardest part about being an imagine/one shot writer was coming up with titles- but nah it's writing in the way Thor and Loki talk ITS SO HARD LOL. But thank you everyone, I woke up with 1800 followers, and that is so amazing! I love you :)

*Edited*

---

Being one of Thor's best friends had its perks.

He looked out for you; you got food, the parties, the living quarters. Even though you have moved from Asgard to live in the Avengers Tower, he always seemed to be looking out for you.

"Sometimes, I feel that you only use me for the food," Thor said to you.

"Well, I guess you are an added bonus." You shrugged with a little smirk and a laugh.

"Wow, thanks." He smiled at you.

"Alright, what do you want?" You asked.

"I cannot just come to see my best friend out of the goodness of my heart! Son of Odin, cannot be nice?" He grabbed at his heart. "I am insulted!"

"Thor," You raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head with a smile. "You always seem to know when I need something."

"Yes, that is what I get when I have known you for so long." You nodded. "What do you need?"

"It is a lot to ask, but I feel you can do it," Thor said, and you motioned your hands for him to pick up the pace, and he laughed a bit.

"Due to Loki's help to Jane Foster and myself in the Dark World, he has been released from the dungeon and sent here. But seeing as no one still fully trusts him, it is wanted for someone to stay in the room next to his. I cannot; he would know we would watch him, but you..." Thor rambled on.

"Yes, I'll do it." You shrugged, and Thor looked at you with a surprised expression when you accepted so quickly. "What? Loki used to be as good a friend like you to I; the three of us grew up together, after all."

Thor smiled at you. "Thank you for doing this." You could hear the happiness in his voice.

"Thor, lead me to my new place of living!" You said, like an announcer. "Now, creature!" You joked.

"Heimdall was right," Thor said. "He said he saw crazy somewhere in this world, and I now realize that it is standing right in front of me." He put his hands on your shoulder, starting to shake you. "Right here!"

"Shut up." You rolled your eyes with a smile. "I think the crazy is standing in front of me."

"Might as well as be the both of us." He put his arm around your shoulders and started to walk you to where you would be staying.

---

"What is this?" Loki walked up to you as you were carrying a box into your new room.