Failed - Tony Stark & Reader

Words: 1384
Pairing: Tony Stark & Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff, other Avengers mentioned
Warnings: Panic attacks, mind control, fighting
Requested by mcuimxgine
Summary: On a mission, things go wrong and you feel terrible. At least Tony is there to help.
Author's Note: hurt/comfort tbh, I love comforting tony he's the best. Post-AOU no IW. 

*Edited*

---

"Go on!"

"You have clearance!"

"We've got your back!"

"Just get the drive and get the hell out!"

The whole team was yelling through the comms as they fought off the heavily guarded base. It seemed as if there was a new threat to the world every week. Either someone with an army or a horrible plan, it could damage everything. It was your job to get inside of this new threat's base and get the flash drives they had, containing critical and dangerous information. Only Tony and Steve knew what was on it; the mission was too rushed to explain everything. You just knew you had to get it.

You did as instructed and ran past the guards and enemies guarding and ran inside. You ran down the hallways with batons in your hands and taking out the people you passed by who decided to bother you.

You ran into where your team marked down the hard drives. You were sure you had drawn out all the guards and even the "smarter" guards, so running in there would be a piece of cake.

The room was dimly lit and almost all destroyed when you walked in. The computers were punched out, and there were knocked out people all over the place. You were looking around the room, trying to find the drives, but all that could go through your head was that you weren't the right one for this job. You were just an assassin, trained with Natasha, but you didn't think you were anywhere close to her level. They could have sent in Wanda or Tony, someone who had more than a few punches and handheld weapons.

"You're right; you aren't the person for the job," A deep voice echoes throughout the room.

Your head shot around, trying to find who was speaking. "Up here," The voice echoed, making you look up to see a man dressed in dark clothes and a mask covering his face.

"So you're the horrid person trying to destroy the world this week," You nodded, crossing your arms, "Get in line, buddy; there are quite a few people in front of you."

"You're a brave one, aren't you? But after reading how you aren't confident in yourself, you would be one of the easiest to take down." When he told you this, you realized that you weren't dealing with the typical villain, he's a mind reader, but he was probably capable of more.

The man smirked, and suddenly, you lost control of your mind. You were barely able to control your body, and you were running out of the base. "Shit!" Tony flew down to you, "Did you get it?"

You didn't say anything but tricked Tony into thinking you were hurt. He left his suit in fear of hurting you more, but you began to fight with him. Tony tried to get you to speak when he realized that you went face-to-face with the villain. At first, he only had an idea of what this man could do, but now he was sure. He turned you against your own team.

"Wanda!" Tony shouted, trying to fight you off without actually hurting you. "You have to listen to me, fight for your mind back!" He shouted to you. And you heard him, but your body didn't.