19 | Hey You, or Should I Say... -J

Start from the beginning

"Miss, please. I really need to find my friend," I said in extreme aggravation mode.

"Oh, sorry," she said slipping a piece of hair behind her ear and batting her eyelashes noticeably, "You can speak to Dr. Han in the room to the left over there."

"Thank you," I breathed in an annoyance.

I ran to the room directed to me and knocked on the closed wooden door as my hands grew sweatier. It was opened to reveal a doctor who seemed to be in his late years.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Hello, Dr. Han-," a voice from behind me said. It was only then did I realize I sprinted out of the car without thinking about CEO Jung. "I was informed that my granddaughter was found," he said demandingly.

"Ah, yes. It was Choi Minyoung, correct?"

We both nodded, but mines was clearly more vigorous.

"Well please come in," Dr. Han said motioning towards the chairs seated in his room.

Once we were situated in our seats around the circle coffee table in the middle of the room, Dr. Han handed the CEO and I a manila folder.

"Before I let you meet your granddaughter, I must inform you about some things in order to let you fully comprehend the situation." The doctor took off his thick rimmed glasses, and his smile faltered a little. I could tell he was going to say something that resulted in bad news.

"What is it, Dr. Han?" CEO Jung asked.

"You see," he paused, "Minyoung, from what she has told me, had been in an accident a very long time ago; around nine to ten years. She hasn't remembered anything from the time before. Therefore," I could tell the doctor was in pain from just telling us about her," I'm afraid she has forgotten those who knew her before it. Including you both."

Everything? She's forgotten everything? Even me?

While I was lost in thought, CEO Jung quickly erupted from his chair and headed for the door.

I got up and followed suit after him, "Where are you going sir?"

"Jungkook-ah," he turned and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I've done some terrible things to many people in my life, and because of that lost many of those who were closest to me. I've told you before of what I've done to Minyoung and her parents. Can you do me a favor and watch over our Minyoung? You're the only one I can trust to care for her."

"CEO-nim..." I said speechlessly. CEO-nim was entrusting her to me? "Didn't you hear Dr. Han? Minyoung doesn't remember anything or anyone. If anything she needs you the most at this moment. At least let her know that she has family left. This is your chance to make things right," I persuaded.

"I can't bare to face her knowing what I've done, Jungkook-ah. You are also her family. More-so then I am. This will give her and I a clean slate in life. Please," he sighed," Please do this for me."

"But, don't you want to at least meet her? At least see her? See how she's grown?" I could feel my heart wrenching for Minyoung. She's already losing a grandfather that she never even knew she had: and she hasn't even met him yet.

"No, if anything, I was never in her memory. I've told you before, Jungkook. Her parents never allowed me to see her."

None of this made sense to me. After all these years and all the efforts he had put in to find her. How could he just let her go just like that? Why doesn't he want to at least see her?

He turned and walked a few more steps until he was out the door and turned back once again. "Don't worry about the duet with Yein for now. I'll make you switch with another vocalist. You can take more time off to attend to Minyoung. Take her back to Busan for awhile if you must. Just make sure she'll be happy from now on. I'll leave her in your hands." And with that he walked out of the hospital.

I turned back around and into the room to speak with Dr. Han. "May we proceed?

He gave me a small smile with sympathy as he had just watched the scene before.

"Of course."

I sat back down, and pulled the copy of the manila folder onto my lap.

"Uh," he coughed out before I could open it to reveal its contents. "May I ask what relationship you have to Choi Minyoung?"

"Childhood friend and neighbor," I said distantly.

He nodded unsurely. "Well since the CEO has given you the rights then I guess it should be fine."

He motioned for me to open the folder in which I did so pleasingly.

He then grabbed out his copy of the folder and went through each page with me.

"Unlike most information we have of our patients, Minyoung's is a little bit on the shorter side due to some unknown information."

I nodded in which he proceeded.

"Her date of birth, age, and address were all unapplicable, but from what she's mentioned, she's from another country visiting, so she's currently at a hotel."

"What country?"

"America." he said, "Los Angeles, California"

What a coincidence that Halla is also from there and is at a hotel.

"Can I go see her now, Dr.?"

He stood up from his chair. "I would definitely let you, but I'm afraid she is not here."

"What?" I said turning my full attention back to him.

"DNA results can take some time to run. Minyoung has already left a few days ago, and our system didn't reach a conclusion until a few hours ago."

I guess my face started showing signs of panic, because Dr. Han said, "She's still at her hotel or around the city. I told her beforehand that she shouldn't get back on a plane so soon."

I felt relieved, and we moved onto the next page of the folder.

"The next page is Minyoung's information-" As he continued my eyes were in shock at what I see on the page before me. A copy of an ID card with her name on it. Lee Halla. "-and since I told you how she had lost her memory she goes by a new name-"

"Lee Halla," I whispered out.

"Yes, do you know her?" Dr. Han said with a stricken expression.

"Doctor, you said it was a 99.9% match right?" I said not believing my eyes.

He nodded.

I thanked him and stormed out, not waiting any longer to see her. Although, I knew it had to wait since I have rehearsal for the party in half-an-hour. But in the end, I've found my Minyoung.

Hello readers! Long time no update, and sorry about that again. senior year has been more stressful than the other years, but I promised to finish! I've been working more now, and so I don't have as much free time as I hoped. :( But it's hard trying to update this story, because I don't even know what my whole intent was when I started it. but I hope you are all still doing well, and thanks for all who've continued to read :)

--
Mei