I shook my head, remarking, "He's such a jerk.." But I loved that he left his hoodie behind anyway. Although since he'll be gone for a while, leaving it with me wasn't a good idea on his part. I don't think I'll be giving it back when he does return. I hugged the hoodie close to me and felt a little better than before.

Slender started exiting the room as he spoke, "Now that you are awake, why don't you have some breakfast? After all, I can't let you leave here unnourished."

Let's get some of them pancakes, Blue!~

I smiled at Sam's silliness and followed Slender out of the study to start another day. Holding Jack's hoodie in my arms, I did feel less worried. I held it like it was the most precious thing in the world. In a way, it kind of is.

...

Jeff's POV

I winced as Ellie placed an ice pack against my side where my broken rib was.

"Sorry," she said, her hands backing away slightly.

"It's okay, I'm fine," I assured her, "It's just really cold."

"Oh," she muttered, rolling her eyes at me as she finished placing the ice pack.

Next, Ellie grabbed a medicine bottle and got me a powerful pain pill. She handed it to me and I popped it into my mouth like it was candy. Ellie got a glass of water and helped me drink through a silly straw that Toby got for me, because he felt inclined to get that specific type of straw. After swallowing that, I had to ingest another type of pill to help inflammation, or whatever else happens when you have a broke-ass rib bone. The past few days have been nothing but laying in bed, holding ice packs against my side, taking pills, groaning from pain and having breathing problems every now and then. I can't even begin to explain what kind of experience it is to make a trip to the bathroom...

"You look hot. Are you feeling feverish?," Ellie asked me, placing a hand against my forehead.

"I'm fine."

She stared at me for a moment, before stating, "Let me check your temperature--."

"You checked it an hour and a half ago, I'm fine," I repeated.

She sighed and nodded as she sat down on a chair beside me. I looked at her and said, "Thanks for your help.." She only hummed in response.

"This is gonna be hard to manage when we get back to the hideout," she retorted.

"I'm thinking we shouldn't go there," I said, "It's time we headed back to the mansion.."

"Where the others are?," she queried. I only nodded.

"It's better for all of us.."

"And your motorcycle?"

I gasped and murmured sadly, "I almost forgot about my baby.." Ellie gave me a look and laughed at me. She then stifled a soft yawn and slumped more in her seat.

"Have you gotten any sleep?," I asked her. It was barely going to be midday and Ellie has still looked like she's dying for sleep.

"Um," she started, and I already knew the answer to my question, "A little bit. I just woke up so early, ya know.."

"Really?"