Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom

Start from the beginning

 And I made the mistake of looking down, my eyes tracing the tattoo on the place over his heart. My hand lifted and I was just about to touch the numbers on his chest when I reminded myself of who he was and where we were and I dropped it again when I came to realize that Sophie must be watching us. "I, er..."

Get a grip, girl!

I cleared my throat, took a step back and out of his grip. When my eyes met his I saw something in them, an emotion on which I couldn't put my finger on. The feeling didn't spread to his face it only just stayed in his eyes. And for a moment I could only stare, mouth slightly agape. 

The look in his eyes did something to me, to my body and to my heart which started to beat ferociously in my chest. I started to have trouble breathing. I closed my eyes, but the feeling lingered. What was happening to me? I felt... different than I normally did. I just hadn't figured out yet if it was a bad kind of different.

Suddenly a hand was placed on the nape of my neck and I opened my eyes as something shot through my body. I sucked in a short breath. It had felt like an electric shock was coursing through my whole body. "Bee, how about you come in?"

I nodded without thinking. I had to figure out what was wrong with me. Well, I didn't get my nine hours of sleep last night, because I had been with Sam. Yeah, I decided, that must be it.

"Come on," said Sophie when I reached the threshold and linked arms with me. "I'll show you the kitchen." And indeed she did. And what a beautiful kitchen it was. It was double as big as ours and the whole room was practically bathed in white. The counter tops were made of something resembling granite, giving the kitchen a firm elegance.

"How do you like your coffee, Bee?" Sophie asked from beside me, jerking me back to reality

"Huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I allowed to call you Bee? Or is that some kind of thing between you two?"

"Sophie," Ryan growled before I could answer, shooting her a warning look.

"Okay, okay, relax." She held her hands up in a calming posture. "So possessive," she whispered to me with a roll of her eyes and then entangled herself from me and left me at the kitchen island. "Please, take a seat, Liz." She emphasized my name and shot Ryan a pointed look. 

I ignored their banter and did as I was told, sitting down at the island. "I'm so glad that we finally actually get to know each other," Sophie informed me as she filled a mug with coffee. "I've heard loads about you." Ryan and her glanced at each other.

"Oh, well I guess gossip spreads around school like wild fire."

"That's not-" She stopped when Ryan grabbed the mug out of her hand a tad bit too forceful and turned to the fridge.

I cleared my throat. "Well, let's not talk about it." Only mentioning it once had made my heart clench in pain.

"Of course."