chapter 23

I walked down the hallway for a while and finally found the kitchen place. Joker, Harvey and all the girls were on the sofas watching something on the TV. I walked over to the fridges to find a huge note that read, “Katrina! Keep out!” I sighed.

“Like it’s gonna stop me.” I muttered to myself as I grabbed the handle and opened it only to find it empty. There was another note stuck to the back of the fridge. “We told you.”

“Really?” I groaned.

“You know, that’s probably not the best stance for you to be in right now.” A voice called from behind me. I took my head out of the fridge and straightened out to see a very amused Jonathan Crane.

“Excuse me?”

“Hey,” he put his hands up in surrender. “I’m just saying! From the male view of things, that was attractive. From a sane point of view, it was very stupid of you. Don’t you know you’re surrounded by murderous perverts?”

“Perverts, no. Murderers, yes.” I nodded my head as I shifted my weight from one foot to the other. “But thanks,” I mumbled. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“No problem.” Crane said as he walked back to his room. I shook my head and walked up behind Ivy’s couch. She was sharing it with Selina while Joker and Harley shared his and Harvey was sprawled out on his own.

“Whats up kiddo?” Selina purred.

“Nothing. What are you guys watching?” I asked as I put my hands down and leaned against the couch.

“Some game show.” Harvey said in a monotone voice. “Nothing good is on.”

“Today Saturday?” I asked the general audience.

“Yup. Why?” Harvey answered as he kept a firm grip on the remote.

“Oh my gosh! Is there another TV here?” I said happily.

“Um, no.” Harvey frowned at me.

“Please! Please, please, please! Let me see the remote really quick!” I said walking over to his couch.

“Sure kid. Don’t catch a heart attack.” He muttered. I flipped through the channels when I found what I was looking for. I plopped myself down in the middle of the floor smiling like an idiot.

“And Honey badger has the ball!” the sports announcer called as the crowd, and I, went wild.

“Yes!” I cheered along with the screen. It was an LSU game and there was nothing that would stop me from watching this. Well, apparently the TV and I were louder than I thought because soon Croc and Bane were gathered around too.

“Did you! Did you see that!” yelled as LSU threw the ball straight into the other team’s hands.