Part II: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Right." she scoffed. "You tried killing him, Kaden! Sorry will never make up for that."

"I know."

She sighed, "You hurt me in so many ways." 

He swallowed, "And I regret that. I-I know I was a foolish man and I shoved you away, I am truly sorry for that. I don't care if you don't believe me, but just know this, I do love you."

"Why are you telling me this?" she whispered.

"Because I just want you to know that none of this is your fault. Darien is a great kid, he's smart, talented, and a strong fighter. What I did to him was wrong, I do still hate him, maybe I'm just the heartless bastard that everyone thinks I am. But...I finally see everything I did wrong, I finally understand how much I had hurt you. I'm so, so sorry, Lil." 

Tears pooled into her eyes as she looked away from him, "You're lying."

"No, I'm not. Please, don't cry, I don't deserve your tears. I abused you, I took my anger out on you and Darien when I should have loved you. Even if I wasn't going to be killed today, I would never want you to be with me again. It would rip me apart, but...I'm scared of myself, Lil. I'm afraid I would hurt you again. My punishment is justice for you and...our son. It's peace for me." he sighed. "My mind is chaos, my heart is dark, and...I'm a ruined man. I did this to myself, no one else did. Promise me, you won't blame yourself for any of this."

She looked back at him, she wanted him to lie, she wanted to believe he was lying, but he wasn't. The honesty, sorrow, guilt, and pain in his eyes showed this, causing her heart to break a little. She released a breath before walking over to him, she knelt before him and frowned. 

"I did love you." she whispered.

He smiled sadly, "I know."

"I loved you so much..." 

He watched as the tears finally fell, he itched to wipe them away, but he couldn't. He would never be able to again. "I'm sorry." he murmured.

"Why did you hate me for so long?" 

He swallowed, "I was being a selfish bastard...deep down, I have always loved you, Lilith." 

She let out a heartbreaking sob, "Aaron is gone." 

"But Lilianna and Darine aren't." he whispered. "Hey, look at me."

She slowly looked up at him, "Don't cry, please, don't. You'll find someone else some day, I wish I could tell you I will see you again someday...but, let's face it, I'm going to hell."

She chuckled, "Yeah, you probably are."

He smiled, "There's that beautiful smile. Never lose it."

She sighed, she studied him for a few seconds before gently running her fingers through his hair. She wanted to love him again, but her heart now belonged to someone else. However, she did care for him, even thought their bond was extremely weak, she cared deeply for him. She cupped his cheek, watching as he leaned into her touch. She smiled softly as all the stress, fear, panic, everything disappeared from his face. He completely relaxed, for the first time, he seemed to be in peace. 

"I don't love you, but...I do care about you. Even though you did things that I will never forget." she whispered.

He looked at her with tired eyes, "I love you, Lil."

She smiled, she bit her lip before doing the one thing that would make him happy. He caused her pain, caused her son pain, caused everyone pain. But she knew why, he was completely ruined. She crushed her lips to his, both of them had tears running down their cheeks. 

This was their final goodbye.

A/N: So...I took a different route with abuse. 

Before any of you go off on how he didn't deserve that kiss, I want to make you look at it like this.

When I said he was a ruined man, that meant he was literally destroyed. His mind was chaos, as in he hated himself, he hated everyone and everything. His heart was torn in two and both halves were crushed, one by a woman who never loved him, and the other by a woman who loved him but he had pushed away. He was filled with jealousy, which we all know jealousy makes us do some stupid shit. However, his jealousy was a far more dangerous jealousy. He's sick. He's mentally sick. 

Not all abusive men or women are just pure evil, some of them are literally mentally sick. Now, that doesn't mean stay with them, let them continue to abuse you, in hopes they'll get better. Because they won't. Maybe, sometimes, medicines and help does heal them in a way, but it doesn't always happen that way. 

In the end, we see Kaden as a defeated, sick man. One who was let down and crushed a little too many times. Heartbreak can literally destroy someone, make them feel and do things "normal" people wouldn't do. To me, abuse is a very difficult subject to talk about and understand. It's different for everyone, everyone views it differently. 

But there are abusers who are just pure evil and need to get their heads shoved in a toilet or whatever.