.:Shadow's of A Rose:. (Kyoya Ootori Love Story) [4]

Chapter 4

Tomo burst through the double doors of the Host club, having been late due getting the homework she had missed by wondering around on her first day. Since the club now starts at the end of the day, she thought that during recess she could go to the faculty room to get her missed homework. Sadly, she got lost again until the two girls she had first hosted showed her the way.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" She gasped out as she leaned over a bit, her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

"You're breathing hard. Did you run that fast?"

She looked up and saw Kyouya in a waiter uniform. He pushed up his glasses as he held a clipboard at his side.

"Uh, why are you wearing that?" Tomo questioned as she straightened herself.

"For the Flower viewing Reception of course." He smirked as his glasses gleamed, "Did you forget we were doing this event?"

"Flower viewing...Reception?" Tomo repeated slowly in a questionable tone. "Did we discuss this already? I guess I forgot."

"Don't forget next time alright?" Kyouya said to her as he walked close to her. Just before he was about to leave the room, he stopped. "Oh, by the way, Tomo-chan, you're going to have to wear the uniform for our theme."

"Theme? This club changes clothes for the themes?" She questioned, tilting her head towards him.

"Of course." He smiled. "How else are we going to bring in the customers?"

"Uhh..." Tomo wanted to say that she just thought it was their good looks that brought in the guests, but she guessed that was partly wrong.

"Your uniform is in the changing room. Everyone else got here before you and are now setting up in the cherry tree grove. Better hurry up. We're almost about to open." He said with a smile.

"Ah, right!" She said before quickly heading over to the changing rooms.

~*~

Tomo fiddled with the collar of her light green kimono a she sat on a straw mat under a cherry tree. It felt a little weird on her and even a little tight. She hasn't worn a kimono in years. Then again, it could be just because she didn't tell the other her size. She did join the club recently so maybe they didn't have the time to find her a proper kimono to wear.

"Are you alright, Tomo-kun?" Asked a girl with dark curly hair sat to Tomo's right.

Tomo looked at her and gave a reassuring smile. "Oh, don't worry. It's just my kimono."

"Do you not like it?" Questioned a second girl with light, straight hair sitting to Tomo's left.

"No, no, it's not that at all. I just haven't worn a kimono in so many years that I forgot the feeling of wearing one." Tomo told the girls with a sheepish smile.

"Really? When was the last time you wore one?" The girl to her right asked, placing an index finger to her mouth in wonder.

"Hmm..." Tomo scratched her cheek in thought. "I think it was when I was younger. About seven when I was with my grandmother and aunt at a festival. I loved eating the candy they gave out at the shrine."

Tomo smiled in thought of her childhood which made the girls sigh lovingly at her expression. The girls then thought about how Tomo would look in her kimono as a child and squealed a bit at the thought.

~*~

Soon the club activities came to a close and along with Mori and Honey, Tomo bid their guests good bye.