f I V e

They say home is where the heart is and that it's where things make the most sense, so imagine my surprise when I wake up to a house full of strangers in the middle of the night with the loud laughs of my brothers.

"What are you doing up?" questioned CJ from behind me.

"I was sound asleep but the sound of strange boys in the house had woken me up," I snapped at the older boy just before Cal slid an arm around his shoulder and smiled down at me. I sensed nothing but trouble brewing down here. "What are you two idiots up to anyways?"
"Two idiots? Try six," Cameron purred as the rest of my brothers came into view.
Casey, Charlie, Cameron, CJ, Cal, and Carson all in the same room for some unknown reason at two in the morning? Something was definitely up and I didn't want to stick around and find out.

"Well, it looks like the gang is all here so I'm going back to bed," I said quickly while trying to escape from their stares.
"Oh no! Just stay down here for a bit. We were hoping you'd be dressed better for this but I guess this sloppy-two-a.m.-just-rolled-out-of-bed look could work." Casey replied slyly as the rest of them take in my appearance with a small hint of obvious distaste.

I guess they've forgotten that it was two a.m. and I actually did just roll out of bed... Idiots.

"I think we should at least give her a chance to freshen up-" Cameron stopped to hold his nose and tilt his body away from me. "Her breath is absolutely horrid and that retainer isn't doing her any good."
"Yeah and that cap she has on under her hoodie is making me question her fashion sense," Charlie added in addition to Cameron's judging.
"Hey!" I barked at the group of fools standing before me. "Someone better tell me what's going on right now."
"You know how we had the discussion about no boyfriends because you're too young and you're our baby sister?" Cal started.
"Yeah..." I replied right away, highly interested in hearing where this was going.
"Well, Cameron-"
"No, it was CJ!" Cameron interrupted angrily.
"Shut up Charlie, it was Carson!" CJ objected, not wasting any time in pointing his finger at the oldest brother.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Hey, I had nothing to do with this! Blame it all on Casey-"
"Guys! Shut up and continue explaining!" I cut their pointless banter short, still waiting to hear the point behind their madness.

They all stood silently staring in different directions, stiffly scratching their heads. Why weren't they speaking? The one time I'm actually interested in something they have to say, they're quieter than the mouse who was given a cookie.

"Well?"
"Which one is it? Do you want us to shut up or continue explaining?" Cameron questioned softly as I mustered up all the strength within me to prevent myself from slapping every one of them across their heads.
"Obviously, I want you to continue explaining."
"Drop the attitude or I'll forget this whole thing and that English is my first language." Cal snapped back at me with an amused yet pointed look, silently reminding me that he was fluent in German for some odd reason.

I let a deep breath of annoyance go and replaced it with a smile and open ears. Cal smiled at me in appreciation before continuing.

"We got together and decided that we were being unrealistic with you so we think that maybe it was time that we let you start dating. We've gathered a bunch of guys here, ones that seem worthy of your time, to test the waters with you." Cal finally finished his thoughts and I can honestly say that I must be dreaming. 

Less than 24 hours ago, I was sitting in the back of my brother's car arguing with the two biggest idiots on the planet, begging them to let me have a boyfriend, and now here I was standing in a room filled with potential boyfriends because of my brothers. I'm getting exactly what I wanted but I didn't even know if it was the way I wanted it. It was all starting to feel too forced.