Forbidden Hero

- Chapter Thirteen -

Since now you were able to go on missions, it was very different from what you were used to. Instead of going against people, you were saving them. Of course you kept this to yourself because no one needed to know.

During the mission, Leo hurt his ankle and now you, Chase, and Bree were helping him out as Adam guided the way.

"Easy, easy, easy," Adam stated.

"You know, this would be a lot easier without you saying 'easy' every two seconds," Chase said to Adam.

"Sorry. Careful, careful, careful," Adam said, switching his words.

"Uh-oh. Did Leo blow chunks on the Hydra-loop again?" Bob asked, walking in as you set Leo down.

"No. We were on a mission and I hurt my ankle," Leo answered.

"And then he blew chunks on the Hydra-loop again," Bree added, smiling.

"You know the drill, Bob," Adam waved.

"Puke patrol. I'll grab the mop," Bob spoke, walking out.

"I taught him well," Adam smiled.

"We were evacuating a steel mill when the roof collapsed," Chase spoke as Bree spoke up also, "We were pinned down and Leo had to jump over an industrial grinder to save us."

"C'mon, buddy lets get you to the infirmary and get that leg checked out," Chase nodded.

"Would you quit fussing? I'm a grown man. I don't need you to baby me," Leo said limping as a woman walked in, "Mommy!" Leo shouted, hugging his mom.

"Oh, I came as soon as you texted me," his mom replied.

"I'm not gonna lie. This is a grade-A boo-boo," Leo pointed to his foot.

"We better get you to your room," his mom pointed out.

"So much for being a grown man," you mumbled, causing Adam, Bree, and Chase to chuckle softly.

Leo's mom then looked at you, as you stepped forward, "I'm [Name]," you greeted, shaking her hand.

"I'm Tasha, nice to meet you too. Where is your room?" Tasha asked, looking at Leo.

"Oh, on the other side of the island," Chase pointed out.

"Still can't believe you guys got your own island. For Valentine's Day all I got was a lousy t-shirt that said, 'I married Donald'." Tasha explained.

"That's so sad," you stated.

"Wait, you guys are married? I just thought you came over a lot," Adam said, causing you to sigh.

~~~~~

You, Adam, Bree, and Chase walked into the mentor's room, seeing Leo laying across the couch.

"Mom...you forgot my tuck-tuck," Leo said as Tasha walked over.

"There you go sweetie," Tasha said, tucking Leo in, "Now, I will be right there if you need me," Tasha pointed, as she walked away.

"Tuck-tuck? Kind of milking it, aren't you?" Chase asked.

"Oh, not yet. The milk comes with the cookies at three o'clock," Leo stated, as you stood beside Adam with your arms crossed.

"I'm just glad you're doing better, Leo," Bree said, sitting down.

"Yeah, you're lucky you didn't get hurt worse. You were this close to being chewed up by that industrial grinder," Adam spoke.