"Thank you so much, baby." She said as she kissed me.

"You're welcome." I grinned.

"Oh! Are you hungry?" Nicole said as she got up.

"Yeah, little bit."

"I made some hamburgers last night. There's three left." She said as she walked to the refrigerator. "I brought them over here last night when I brought Dad one."

"Can you make me one?" I said as I sat at the bar.

"Sure. I'm not really hungry, or else I would make me one."

"Have you ate anything today?" I asked as she handed me a glass of tea.

"Granola bar."

I gave her a disapproving look.

"I'm fine, baby." She smiled.

The microwave beeped, and she took the hamburger out. She handed it over to me and I said, "Thanks, baby."

"Yup." She said as she walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

I took a big bite of the burger. "Baby." I said.

"What?"

"This is a damn good burger. Did you make this?"

She smiled. "Yes."

"You're a damn good cook." I said as I took another bite. "And I thought Bailey was a good cook."

"I've cooked for you before." She chuckled.

"Yeah, but, I don't know, maybe it's just because this is the first home cooking I've had in a month or so. But this is really good."

"Thanks." She smiled.

"You should cook up at the camp." I said as I was eating.

"You have a cook."

"Yeah, but think about it, if you cook, I'll save money, and the food will be better."

"You're not going to pay me?" She smirked.

"I'll get you whatever you want, just like I do now."

"Isn't she the medic too?"

"You're a nurse, babe." I said with my mouth full.

"True. And I'll do your laundry, and all that other stuff."

"Good. It's settled." I said as I ate. "Damn, this is good."

She smirked and shook her head.

I got through eating, and went to sit beside her on the couch. She threw her legs over my lap and wrapped her arms around me.

"You have no idea how much I've just wanted to sit with you over the past month." She said.

"I think I have some idea." I smiled as I put my arm around her. "Hey, where's our dogs?"