Chapter 9

-picture of Cole Evans included

Chapter 9

Cole sat outside of the room for a good hour after he knew she went to sleep. He couldn't move. Couldn't shake the feeling off.
She was safe.
He was so desperate when he found his apartment empty this afternoon. Had worried that he had imagined his sister was out of that hellhole. That she was finally out and safe. Then he saw her jacket hanging in the hallway and he knew she was free. Until that sickening moment when he found out that she was taken from him again.

He called that blasted attorney office who confirmed that there was a warrant issued by major Shay for her arrest. Along with some others. But than that assistant asked him if he was available for tonight and he hung up. 

To say he was pissed off would be an understatement. 

Cole tracked down Kala, asked for her help.
She owed him.
She owed him big time and so she called down her team who found out that Jane had managed to escape the Guards but was chased by Captain Shay.

When Cole received her message of her wereabouts he was finally able to breathe again. They found Jane in the middle of the Black Reaper territory being cuffed to that God damned captain who looked so smug until he found that it wasn't his men who came for them. Cole almost punched him.
Almost.

Now he could hardly breathe again. When Kala told her what they have been up to, he hoped that his sister would be proud of him. God, how he hoped to see that in her eyes. But she was tired, scared even. Not of the people here he knew, but of something else. She was keeping something from him. He saw that look on her face before when they were just kids and she was seeing that boy from her school who our parents didn't like.

Slowly, so slowly he eased himself from the floor and left the hallway. Kala was leaning on the fence with her arms crossed on her chest. „Is she alright?" he heard her ask.

„She will be fine. She had a long day. I'm gonna go back to the city. There is something I need to take care of. I'll be back in the morning."

„Do you think she will stay?"

„I don't know. If you'd asked me that three years ago I could have told you with definite certinty. Things are different now.

„She is different now. She was to young to be locked up in there.", she said quietly.

„I know. My fault, right?"

Kala didn't say anything. She just turned back and left to her own room. Cole knew she felt like that about him and it didn't bother him. He stopped caring a long time ago.

Cole speeded through the ever awake city on his orange and black bike, probably breaking some speed laws until he got to his apartment. He showered and changed. He wasn't tired. He was used to being awake several days in a row. No going back now. There was a payment to be paid.