Back to the Pack

Kara's POV

Today he came back. He didn't call me the whole day which tightened my chest after all he came back after many days.

The whole day long I sat near my window looking at the vastness of sea. Gonzales came in the morning to defend his Alpha's attitude. He told me that Ronan was  angry because of the final decision made by the Alpha council on the matter of Lover games. 

  The other ALphas had decided that  

This year only the host pack would present their priestess for the games.

 Other girls were saved but not me.

 Gonzales told me that the Alpha would do everything in his power to stop the games.

I knew that for that purpose he needed support from his pack but I could sense that in this matter most of the pack wanted their chance with their priestess.

When I asked Arab to help me escape through the sea route she just dismissed my request. Even she had lost hope. She told me that in case  she arranges a boat for me to runaway the wolves would definitely find me as many from our and other packs were wandering the waters for any such chance.

When I looked out of the window I found the sun going down. It was evening now and I was tired. I wanted to sleep now so I took a shower however I was interrupted by the footsteps outside my door.

"Kara you are called by the Alpha"

It was Arab. 

She took me downstairs telling me to be very careful tonight because many males were loosing their self control due to the approaching games.

She was also cursing the Alpha under her breath that it should be him coming to the tower not me.

Soon I left my tower to reach the pack grounds. It was almost pitch dark with no moon on the sky. 

As my feet left the boat and touched the ground I could sense unhuman growls telling me that many wolves were waiting for me in the dark. They some how knew that tonight I was coming to the pack. 

I could see green eyes shining  in the dark.

 Most were males.

 As I moved towards the pack house I could feel movement as well as growls. 

When ever some one tried to come near me to touch me Gonzales growled back to discourage them in order to avoid any undesirable incident. 

All this was making me scared.

As I reached the Alpha quarters I felt safe.

"Leave Gonzales, She would stay with me tonight."