Lovers

Kara's POV 

It was 8 in the morning. I left alpha's room with Arabella. As we went downstairs into the main hall I hit somebody. It was a young man with clear blue eyes and a friendly face.

  He held my shoulders to prevent me from falling backwards.  

"Wow princess you should be careful."

Then he moved forward and sniffed me

"You smell wonderful. Alas my mate would kill me for even thinking about you"

"Jimmy what do you think you are doing"

A girl no more than 20 shouted at the man apparently called Jimmy. I looked around and saw the pack members all halted in their respective positions and looking at me like I was the animal among them.

I was a bit flustered due to the attention I was getting but i unhanded myself from Jimmy and told him

"I am Priestess not princess."

"Well for most of us you are princess of our dreams" He said slowly in my ears 

The girl was here by now. She smacked him on his head and moved her hand towards me. After hesitating for a few moments I shook hands with her

"Wow your hands are so soft and pretty. I am Tania and this stupid man standing here is my mate Jimmy. Though he is the gamma of this pack but he is the most immature person on this planet"

She said and giggled. I nervously looked around at the mesmerised faces of most pack members. My presence was unprecedented for them. 

Tania also felt the tension and told me in a low tone

"Don't worry you can count me in as a friend. I will protect you with my life priestess"

Then she quietly pushed me forward and said 

"Now come on we will eat our breakfast at that table."

She pointed towards a corner. 

I looked at Arab and she nodded a yes then she asked Tania to take care of me so that she can go and get Gonzales.

After Arab left there was more unwanted attention. The hall was silent. the only sound was that of our walking feet towards the table. Suddenly some one hit me with their shoulder.

Jimmy stopped and growled at the person showing off his canines.

 Tania pushed him back and said

"Howard, you bastard even if she is here you need to control your hormones and respect her. She is our priestess."

This Howard person with his evil smile ignored both Tania and Jimmy and pointed towards me

"Two months from today you would be mine priestess."

He said and seated himself on the table besides ours. I turned my back on him and took a seat. I could still feel his two eyes making holes in the back of my head.

Tania put her hand on mine and told me to ignore that bastard. 

After a while every thing went back to normal. Every one in the hall was busy with their meals now. All the talking stopped once again. It was the Alpha and his "mate" Lara.

She giggled something in his ear and in return he kissed her lightly on the lips. They took a table in the centre of the hall. Both their hands were interlocked.My heart was clenched at the sight of them together. 

Why was I feeling like this. I had never felt like this for anyone before. I had seen and met many Alphas when I was sold to this World but never before any one had reached my heart. 

Why now, why here? I asked myself.

"Are you feeling alright"

asked Tania 

"Oh yes I am fine." I replied 

"You know your voice is quite alluring just like the sirens in ancient mythologies." She commented

"I don't know what to say" I replied

"All of us in the pack house used to wonder about what lies beneath that veil of yours."

Said Tania eating her sandwich 

"Most of us thought about you as a beautiful, egoistic manipulating bitch but your are quite opposite. Now I know for sure you are not like that at all. Instead you are a very gentle person who talks respectfully and who is still humble despite all this attention. "

Our small talk was interrupted by a smiling Gonzales who had just entered the hall along with Arab

"Tania how are you doing sweety."

He asked

"I am fine Gonzales, come have breakfast with us."

"Oh I am full, I was just here to catch your priestess. SO should we go now"

He asked me

"Let her finish her breakfast."

said Jimmy who was silent up till now.

"Thanks we will take our leave." (After seeing Ronan and Lara I wanted to puke rather than eat)

I said and accompanied my two old friends.

After a while ------

"Are you sure Kara"

We were sitting in my small cabin (the so called confessional). 

"Yes I am sure" I replied

"I felt a jolt of electricity as I touched him."

But before i could elaborate on my experience with Ronan I felt immense pain in my chest. I fell down from the sofa and landed on the ground. 

"You Ok Kara"

Asked Arab

"I am not, Its like some thing is choking me." I said while curved on the ground

Gonzales looked at me for a while deep in thought then he said

"Your body and mind both have identified him as your soul mate. While his mind hasn't acknowledged you yet as his mate. Therefore all the private moments that he will spend with other females would bring you immense pain. We should tell him immediately" 

"No I don't want him to get into trouble with the whole world just because of me."

I shouted back, but he ignored my protests and left the cabin while saying

"Child we can't hide the truth we have to tell the Alpha now."