My story

Kara's POV

----------------

Flashback 

I was sitting with my father in our hut. He was telling me about the werewolves. 

"In the Human world you are a simple girl my child with nothing special but  in the supernatural realm you are a gem. My ancestors have told me that each girl destined to be a priestess has powers that only work against the supernatural forces."

"Father" I asked 

"Is It the reason that Sauna tribes are not hunted by the wolves but by the traitor humans" 

"Yes my child"

"Father have you ever seen a powerful woman fighting against these wolves." 

I asked keenly

"Yes I have indeed my child. When I was a little boy the wolves attacked my tribe. IN that battle thousands of wolves ran down the mountains roaring and growling in hopes to procure many girls. It was a frightening sight for most of us humans but my grandmother she was not afraid. She killed them all with a motion of her hand. 

On her death bed she told me that I would have a daughter who would be our protector." 

"I hope my beautiful daughter that you get your power soon enough before they get to us."

"When will I get my powers father" 

He laughed at my impatience and said

"Power is like knowledge it comes with age growing exponentially with time. However it is usually the age of 25-30 years when a Sauna woman acquires her powers against the supernatural world."

"That's too late father I am still 17."

I pouted. 

Our conversation came to a halt when some body shouted 

"Attack on the tribe."

Soon there was shouting every where. 

Men were fighting with their might but our attackers had advanced weaponry and our arrows were not working against their bullets. 

We would loose the fight I thought looking out of the window of my hut.

"Kara" my mother shouted 

"Go to the elders"

She said

As I was running to the elders a sniper took a shot at my mother. I Looked around and saw movement in the mountains surrounding our small village. I could see men there with sniper rifles. They were targeting women of old age only.

I looked at my mother for the last time and then ran towards the elders. 

They would never get me I thought 

The elders were herding all young girls towards a secluded spot near the flowing river.

 I knew what fate was waiting for them still I accompanied them to the river. 

After reaching there, all the girls stood in a row. The first one was given a knife and she knew what to do. The knife passed through each girl until it finally reached me. 

All my friends were dead by now. They were free. They didn't want to become slaves to the wolves. 

I was about to kill myself when an unknown man stopped me. 

His friends killed the elders while he took me to their hide out. On my way to the mountain I found all my tribe members dead. Their bodies were lying on the tribe land.

I was hysterical kicking the man carrying me but my cries had no effect on him. He put me down when we were on the mountain hide out.

There he asked for some body named Ryan.

A huge blonde man appeared from nowhere. He had a wicked smile on his face. He was looking at me with lust in his eyes. 

"So I got myself a pretty one" 

He said

"I would die before you touch me."

I shouted back bravely

But then some one attacked him. It was my father but he was no match to him. 

Ryan took out a gun and killed him in an instant.

I fell down looking at my father's body.

My mind was numb. 

At that moment I heard more foot steps but I couldn't look any where else except for my father's eyes.

I heard an old man punching that Ryan person.

"We didn't want to exterminate them. They trusted us and gave their coordinates to us so to start a friendly and respectful relationship with them. Look what have you done. You have killed a whole tribe you bastard. Next year after the games you would be presented in front of the Were council and they would decide about your fate you criminal."

Before I blacked out I heard a laughter

"They would do nothing to me Gonzales. I am untouchable. Even my brother would not believe you. He would shake it off as an old grudge that you harboured against me til now"

   ----------------------

End of flashback

Now that only one week was left till the games I had no hope left.

"I would not kill myself I would fight for the honour of my tribe and kill many before I am taken" I promised myself on my 18th birthday which was today on the same day When my whole tribe was slaughtered.