Chapter 14

Peter's POV

"What day is today?" I put on cheesy smile. "Again, please. I don't hear it clearly."

"Friday." She replied in a chilled flat tone.

"Really? Somehow I feel so happy today." I took off my mask and lay it on the table. Untie my tie, hang it by the edge of the table. "I don't think it'll help my sex appeals, don't you think so too?"

"It looks perfectly fine on you. It's not too sexy, but it goes well with your today's mood." She took a bross, pin it on my tuxedo.

"It's almost time, right?" I looked up to the dark ceiling. The illusion stars still hanging steadily as if it belongs there, it looked so lonely though. "I've been waiting for so long, hope it'll be okay." My lips turned pale as my feelings creeped on my skin leaving goosebumps all over me.

"I'll be there, watching you from afar. I'll protect you." She said confidently.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks. I'll behave." I put my tie and mask on again. It screwed my feelings. Will it be okay? I thought to myself over and over again. I'll be meeting him again.

Oh, crap! I hit the wall real hard, it woke me up. Somehow I felt so cold as I stepped out of my house. The words 'I'm missing you' still unconveyed to him as I said it repetitively as I imagining that we're somehow together. Silly, I know. I can't help my scattered on the ground heart. It's excruciating to let go. Silly.

7 p.m.

"Would you stop looking at your watch, please? I'm sick of it!" She almost didn't yell at all despite her piercing voice.

"Sorry." I leaned over to my seat and tapped my wristwatch along the seconds.

She banged on the steering. "Knock it off, dude." Her face slowly turned to somewhat a cold murderer would have expressions.

I stopped. "Okay." I don't wanna make her angry. It's dangerous. I shrunked on my seat looking out of the window, cars are not going anywhere. Bad timing. I need to be on that party half an hour ago, but we're stuck. It sucks!

I looked at her has calmed down face, she looks depressed by it. Guess I shouldn't annoy her, she's the one that being exhausted for this, she wouldn't if it wasn't for me. Bad, bad boy. I hope mom won't be angry any longer.

I turned on the radio, expecting some good songs played. There's nothing at first, when some strangers start to speaks.

"Good evening, Peter. Today's news is about you going to be kill by your first love, an irony from revenge. He won't die. He'll never die, at least not when you're still alive. I'll make sure you'll enjoy it." A hoarse voice that sounded a lot like the old hag.

I freezed quite long till I finally got to the party, running like a cheetah. Ryan and Jack is coming. I gotta take them away, steal and keep it somewhere safe. A masked man grabbed my hand, dragged me to the dancefloor as the music blasting. I'm having the party in an underground bar.

"Who are you?" I smelled Jack's perfume on him. I backed away and looked around, Ryan must be near, right? He would definitely come, right?

"I don't think so, babe." He spun me around like I'm a lady.

I blinked several times, then looking at him big eyed. "Jack?"

He grinned. "Yes, baby?" He grinds on me. "I'll tell you where he is after this." He caressed my skin.

"Okay." I walked away to a table set with cakes and champagne.

Ryan's POV

Last month

"How's it going grandma?" I squeezed her small wrinkled hands. "You seems happier now."

She smiled. "Yeah. It's about time." She pour the snake's blood into a small bottle. "Give it to him."

"I'm going, grandma."

"Bye." She waved her hand.

What I'm going to do with it? I don't even know what's inside. My grandma was either a witch or crazy old widow. She's no longer sane, I think. I took out the bottle and try to smell it, it might have clue what she has mixes. Nothing. I can't smell at all. The sky falls, everything turned black.

A few days later

"Good evening, Ryan." A guy gave me a can of beer. "How's your feeling? Better?"

I choke on the drink. "Not bad."

"I found you laying by my door. What exactly happened?" He shifted on a nearby chair.

"I'm fainted from a bottle of poison's smell." I squinted my eyes let it shift to the normal size.

"How's everything?"

"Good." He frowned at my mood changes. "Not that good, actually."

"You're different."

"Yeah, perhaps."

"You're not sincere to yourself do you?" His brows furrowed so close like it's gonna connected to each other.

"What're you talking about, dude?" I sat up. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Do you have anything goes wrong lately?"

"Nothing special." I stood up. "I felt like I'm going on the wrong direction. It's hazy night and day."

He patted my shoulder. "Be patient. It seems like someone has bewitched you."

"As if I'm a totally different person." I stuffed my belongings that lay lazily on his nightstand. "I've been too good to my grandma, I don't even see my dad."

"Your grandma has died even before you're born. She's a normal human being. She would never be awaken again."

"What?!" Darkness swallowing me as I fell backwards.