XXXIV. Seducing Mr.Husband

Laksh's POV:

"Laksh.... Son, do not let her eat outside food. I packed enough food for both of you. If she is even more hungry offer her your food and you can have anything like from a restaurant or a hotel." Neelima aunty instructed me as if I am a child.

Wow so much love for her nephew/son. I'm almost rolling on ground with happiness that she gave me the freedom... she allowed me to eat whatever I want outside. Which aunt can love their nephew so much ... (note the sarcasm)

Well, if you don't know let me tell you that I and my beautiful wife are going to the outskirts of the city where the tender for the metro project should be submitted by all the participating companies.

After a list of what to do and what not to do from aunty, we finally left from our home. After a while of driving, Neetu slowly lifted her legs and placed in my lap, turning towards my side. I almost pulled the sudden brake when she slowly slid her fingers on my arm.

Is she trying to create an accident here. Why is she, so suddenly behaving like this?

Weird...

Very weird...

There is uncertain, expecting glint in her eyes that made me think... Is she up to something?

We are driving from past one hour so I stopped the car near a dhaba (a roadside food stall) on the highway. These days Neetu is having the frequent urge to use washroom and cannot sit at a place for long time. So, I stopped at the dhaba to let her stretch her limbs, walk a little and use washroom if she wanted to.

But to my utter dismay she wanted to eat spicy food like allo parata, pani puri etc from dhaba. Oh... No Neetu please don't do this. She whined a lot to eat all those unhygienic food. If it is some other time, I would have allowed her to eat but now whatever she eats it effects our baby too.

Me: Neetu... Neelima aunty has already packed the food for us right!!! Please let's eat that. If you want anything else we'll get home and cook it at home itself.

Neetu: Please Laksh I want to eat it. It looks tasty and spicy. Your babies... urmm... baby want to eat. Please Laksh... Please baby... Please pretty please...

Me: No Neetu. No means no. You are not going to eat any road side food. You might be a doctor but still you are pregnant and you are, at any cost, not eating unhygienic roadside food. Am I clear?

Neetu: (with tears) But....

Me: Get inside the car Neetu.

Somehow seeing her tears clenched my heart painfully. But still she needs to take care of her health. Not long ago gynec (shekar uncle) has told the reason she faints frequently is because she have a weak pregnancy. After hearing that, all the family members got more attentive and strict about what she eats and are making sure she is stressed as less as possible.

I saw Neetu stood rooted to the place with a pout. After seeing that pout I just wanted to give whatever she want in this whole world.

But sorry my Neetu, not this time.

I picked her up in bridal style and deposited her in the passenger seat. I opened the food packed by aunt and handed over to her a plate full of food. She did not look at me but took the plate from my hands and started eating.

I started driving towards our destination again. I stole glances at my now sad wife. I wanted to make her smile again. I will definitely do something to bring back my smiling Neetu back.