XVII. Unexpected Reactions

THIRD PERSON POV

Dr.Chatarjee calls Shekar

Shekar: Hello sir, how are you?

Dr.Chatarjee: Shekar I am fine. Yesterday I met Neetu with her husband. They are such a cute couple and the guy seems humble and less talkative quite opposite to our Neetu

Shekar :(laughs loudly) yes sir, but he shows things by his actions not by words.......

Dr.Chatarjee: I too felt so. What's the problem? Why Neetu doesn't even introduce her husband to anyone in the hospital..... Why?

Shekar: sir, actually they recently got married just two months ago and they are facing mother in law problems...........

(At the same time Radhika enters Shekar's house for the first time in 13 years as she has some urgent work with Meenu. Shekar doesn't notice her and continue to speak.....)

Dr.Chatarjee: Oh, They have problem with your wife Radhika.......

Shekar: Radhika is really stubborn sometimes she even gets angry on small issues and she drags issues a lot and that made us get separated...

(By hearing this words Radhika leaves Shekar house immediately and went to her car and cry saying "Shekar if you have issues you should have discussed with me instead of badmouthing me to someone on phone" and then leaves the place)

Shekar conversation (continues): but still she loves our daughters very much and never ever does anything that hurts them. Problem is from Laksh's side. Laksh's aunt who raised him like a mother, doesn't want to accept Neetu after knowing that she is our adopted daughter.

Dr.Chatarjee: I know about Neetu since you adopted her. How stupid her Mother in law is to reject a girl like Neetu just because she is adopted? Our Neetu may not have your family's blood running in her veins but she surely have the attitude of being best doctor which she the inherited from your family. She never loses hope until the patient is breathing. I must say she is gifted and who ever lose her will regret it throughout their lives including her parents who must have left her on highway!

Shekar: I know sir let's hope for the best. I think Laksh will solve the problem. I trust him with my daughter.

Dr.Chatarjee (smiles): Ok fine, even I think the same. He seems to be protective about Neetu and clearly adores her. Once Neetu has a good news, her mother in law will accept her.

Shekar (smiles): sir, that decision is in Neetu and Laksh's hand we can't force them but I will be very happy if they made that decision. Thank you for your concern about Neetu........ See you later sir.

Maya POV:

I rushed to airport early in the morning to receive Ravinder Sir, who came all the way from New York to Shimla on his charted flight. Somehow I felt I was intruding in others personal lives but I have to do this. Benerjee's are all like family for my in laws. Laksh's mom was like own sister to my Father in law and Ravinder sir was so kind to me all the time. When everyone was against mine and Anand's marriage he was on Anand side. So I felt I must repay him by reporting him about his Son's doings!!

Ravinder: Hai Maya how are you?

Me: I am fine sir...

Ravinder: Now break the ice Maya, why you requested me to come here...what's the matter?

Me: Sir...That...That Laksh is having an affair with a married woman.

Ravinder: What?