happy anniversary

*2 years later*

"Happy anniversary baby." Shawn says walking into the kitchen where I was feeding our dog.

"Happy anniversary." I say pecking Shawn on the lips.

"We're going out tonight." Shawn says and I smile. "It's going to be romantic and something we haven't done in a long time."

***

I started getting ready for whatever Shawn had planned. I put on a casual dress and some flip flops.

Shawn was rushing me so I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to see all three girls Sam probably went out with his friends.

Yes Sam still lives with us but I don't mind he's doing his college work so I guess it's okay.

We told the kids we were leaving and to order food if they get hungry and they agreed.

We got into the car and Shawn turned on the music and we began singing. It was kind of the that scene from the last song except I was the one horribly singing while Shawn hit every note.

We finally arrived to the beach and I looked at Shawn.

"I didnt bring a bathing suit."

"Baby it's dark and nobody is here." He said winking at me.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes I don't want anymore kids." I said causing Shawn to laugh. "That's why I brought protection." Shawn said pulling out a box of condoms and tossing it at me.

Beach sex and potential skinny dipping on an empty beach... interesting anniversary.

Shawn opened the trunk and pulled out two towels, two large blankets and a basket.

He closed the trunk and locked the car before we headed to the beach.

At this part of the beach it was absolutely empty.

We placed the stuff down and laid out the blankets.

We sat on the blanket and Shawn pulled out food and candles from the basket. He lit the candles and handed me a subways sandwich a soda and a bag of chips.

"You know we've never done anything like this." Shawn said and I nodded. "I mean we've never been skinny dipping and we've never had sex on a beach so..." I said causing Shawn to smile. "You know I love trying new things." Shawn says smirking causing me to blush.

Shawn had wrapped his arm around me as we looked out at the ocean that was reflecting the crescent moon.

"I can't believe we've been together for so long." Shawn smiled down at me. "We got together after we graduated high school, I don't know what took me so long to ask you to be my girlfriend but here we are 21 years later with 4 kids rapidly growing up. Sam graduated high school 2 years ago, Emilia is graduating this year and we still have the twins who are growing up." Shawn smiled thinking about how long we've been together and our kids. "I can't wait until we're 100 sitting on the front porch rocking in those wooden rocking chairs and looking back on all of our memories while we watch our grandkids play in the yard. They'll remind us of our kids when they were young making us feel young again. We'll have that old people love that every married couple wants to reach and achieve."

"Wow that's a long time." I smiled at the thought of growing old with Shawn.

We finished eating and Shawn began to strip, I did the same. Shawn picked me up and ran with me in his arms into the water being sure not to go too deep into the water.

Shawn dropped me in the water. I splashed water in his face. "Hey that's not nice!" Shawn laughed causing me to splash him again.

"Oh it's on!" Shawn laughed splashing me in return. "This isn't fair!" I yell splashing him back.

Something touched my leg causing me to scream at the top of my lungs and run out the ocean.

"Damn that ass is sexy!" Shawn yelled over my screaming causing me to stop running and look at him. "I hope whatever touched me tries to eat you." Just as I said that Shawn went under water.

"Shawn stop playing!" I yell at him. There was no answer or movement. All you could hear was the waves crashing against the shore.

"Shawn..." I say getting scared and walking into the water to see if he was down there. "Where the fuck did he go?" I mumble to myself.

Please tell me he's joking.

He's been under water for a few minutes and I couldn't see much of anything.

I began to cry feeling around for Shawn's lifeless body.

I started to walk back up to the blankets to call the cops or something when someone grabbed my naked butt.

I screamed and slapped whoever was behind me. "That hurt." I turned to see Shawn standing there holding his face.

"You're an asshole." I say pushing Shawn backwards. Shawn laughed and I stormed back to the blankets. I grabbed a towel and wrapped myself in it. Shawn was laughing his entire time to the blanket. He grabbed the second towel and wrapped his self in the towel too.

"It's not fucking funny. Why would you do that? I thought you were dead." I say wiping my eyes from the stray tears that were still falling from my eyes.

"It kinda was funny babe." He says kissing my cheek. "Stop." I said crossing my arms. "No." He said sneaking a kiss on the lips. I pushed him away and he just shook his head with a smirk on his face. "I seriously thought you drowned or something and I couldn't see anything because it's dark. I never heard or saw you get out the water and I was scared." I said hiding my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Maybe you should be careful about what you say. What if whatever touched you in the water actually ate me." Shawn said and I pulled away. "You're such an ass." I say and grab my phone.

"I may be an ass but you have a really nice one." He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him.

I hate him but I love him so much at the same time.

"I'm sorry baby. I love you so freaking much though." Shawn said wrapping his arms around me not letting go. "I guess I love you too."

"You guess?!" Shawn said and began tickling me. I fell back onto the blanket and Shawn climbed on top of me continuing to tickle me. "Okay... okay...I love you!" I yelled and Shawn stopped tickling me. "I know you do." Shawn says looking me in the eyes.

After a few minutes of looking each other in the eyes I broke the silence.

"I never want anything to happen to you." I said and he smiled. "I don't want anything to happen to you either. I don't think I could possibly go on without you." He said before smashing his lips onto mine. He flipped us over and sat me on his lap facing him. We deepened the kiss and when things started getting heated Shawn broke the kiss and grabbed the box of condoms and opening the package before sliding on the condom.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last chapter. I have nothing else to write so I'm just going to end it here.

Thank you guys for reading voting and commenting. Ily guys so much 💞💕

Look out for my next Shawn book idk when I'll post it but just look out for you 👀

Follow my social media accounts.

Twitter: @unnaturalmendes
Snapchat: ayoung700
Instagram: @_ahrayal_