Parenting

*5 years later*

"Samuel sit down and stop hitting Emilia." I demanded but Samuel doesn't listen to me. He never does.

"Stop it stupid!" Emilia yelled at Sam.

Okay I'm going to be calm about this.

"Emilia don't use that word Samuel if you touch her again I'm calling your dad."

Of course I was tested by the bratty 5 year old himself. He slapped Emilia as hard as he could causing her to cry.

I picked up the 3 year old and walked around trying to calm her.

"Sam you need to sit in the timeout chair for 5 minutes for hitting your sister and not listening to me." I said and Sam stomped over to me.

"I hate you! You're such a big fat meanie!" Sam yelled punching my stomach then stomping up to his room.

"Um... Emilia do you want to play on Mommy's phone?" I asked and she nodded. I gave her my phone and sat her on the couch.

"I have to go to the bathroom okay? Don't move." I said and she nodded playing some game on my phone.

I ran upstairs to my room and began to cry.

After a few minutes Shawn walked in confused. "What's wrong sweetie?" He asked sitting on the bed next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I cried into his shoulder.

Once I calmed down Shawn asked what's wrong again and I explained how Sam was acting and when I tried to put him in timeout he said he hated me and called me a "big fat meanie" then punched my belly. It doesn't help that I was once again pregnant with hopefully our last kid.

Shawn kissed my cheek and rubbed my big growing belly.

"All I want is for my kids to love me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong." I said about to start crying again.

"Baby he's five. He loves you and so does Emilia. He's just upset that you tried to put him in timeout. But I'll go and talk to him." Shawn says wiping my eyes and helping me up off the bed.

I smiled at how Shawn was treating me.

I was probably being way over dramatic about this situation but none of the kids have ever told me they hated me and I've always wanted to have my kids love me. I always wanted to give my kids the life I've never had and I'm giving them that. I want them to be happy and come to me with whatever they need. I want to be like their best friend but at the same time their mother. But it's so hard to be both.

Shawn went to talk to Sam while I went to start dinner and watch Emilia.

Shawn's pov

I walked into Sam's room and saw him playing Grand Theft Auto.

Who the fuck gave him that game? He must've went into my pile of video games I had in the basement.

"What the fuck? Die fucker die!" He yelled at the game.

"Samuel!" I yell and He jumps up scared.

"Where did you get that game from?" I asked and he looked for a lie. "I um.. found it." He said and I shook my head at him.

Well I guess we have a lot to talk about today.

I turned off His TV and unplugged the game.

"You didn't find it. You went through my stuff to get it and you know better than that Samuel. I don't appreciate you going through my things and taking things that don't belong to you. This game is very very inappropriate for someone your age." I took out the game and put it back in its case.