I'll treat you better

~Jasmine POV~

I was thinking about what Gerty was saying and he's right. I'm giving Shawn power over me. I'm allowing him to do and say whatever he wants to me because he knows that I'll end up running back to him.

I decided I was going to leave Shawn.

I started putting everything I owned in my bag when the door opened.

"Jas-" I heard Shawn start talking but I quickly stopped him. "Please don't make this harder than it has to be." I say not look at him.

"Jasmine baby please listen to me." He cried and I shook my head no.

"Shawn I'm tired!" I yelled throwing over everything I was packing. Shawn was a little taken back by my actions.

"I can't keep living like this Shawn. We need a break. I'm tired of being hurt and abused. You don't get it! You can't hit me one minute then come back a few minutes later and say sorry. Sorry isn't fixing anything." I cried looking him in the eyes so he knows how much he's hurt me.

He instantly broke down once he saw my face. "Shawn you did this. You can't run away every time you hurt me and come back when you think everything is fine."

"Look at me Shawn! Nothing is fine and I'm not okay." I cried looking at him. "I told you once that something had to change if you wanted me to stay but you haven't changed. Thing got better for a short time but then everything became worse. I can't keep doing this Shawn. I love you, I really do but our relationship is unhealthy and unsafe for me to stay in." I said taking a seat on the bed.

"I'm going to change for the better Jas. Please don't leave me." He cried. "Andrew is finding a personal therapist that can come on the road with me and prescribe me medication."

I thought about it for a short time. I didn't know what to do. If I left Shawn where would I go? I don't have a job or any money of my own. I don't have a place to stay. I was very dependant on Shawn for everything. Although he might not be the best boyfriend out there he provided everything for me. He brought me things I didn't need because he loves me. It's not necessarily his fault that he can't control his emotions.

He needs help and I want to be there with him while he receives this help, he's going to need somebody.

"I won't leave you." I whispered. Shawn tried to hug me but I pushed him away. He looked at me confused and I shook my head. I simply don't want Shawn to touch me as of right now. Shawn sadly nodded in response.

"I'll be right back. Are you going to be fine here for a few minutes?" He asked and I whispered a yes not bothering to look at him. I heard him sigh before I heard the door open and close.

A few tears left my eyes. I can't believe I took him back again. I feel so vulnerable.

I decided to go on twitter for a while. I scrolled past the typical hate comments and stopped when I saw a tweet from Shawn that he posted about ten minutes ago. It was a screenshot of his notes and a picture of us from the day he proposed to me.

@ShawnMendes: I've been messing up things with this beautiful girl lately and I can't believe she actually deals with my bs but I love her although I don't tell her I love her as much as I should. I've been taking her for granted thinking she wouldn't leave me. But the truth is I've messed up so many times in the past that I wouldn't blame her if she did leave me. But baby I promise I'm going to treat you better. A girl like you is hard to find, Even if I tried I wouldn't find a girl as good as you. I love you princess and I wouldn't know what I would do without you 😭😚❤

 I love you princess and I wouldn't know what I would do without you 😭😚❤

A tear fell from my eyes as I read what Shawn had written.

Soon Shawn entered the room again but this time his arms were filled with items. He was holding a huge teddy bear that was bigger than he was, his other arm was filled with flowers. After Shawn walked in Andrew followed holding multiple bags the John and Geoff walked in.

John held a bunch of supplies to take care of a pet. I was so confused until I saw Geoff with an Australian Silky Terrier.

Shawn can't be real right now.

"Shawn..." I couldn't even finish what I wanted to say. I was at a loss for words.

"Jas. I feel really bad about everything and I really want to change how I've been treating you. That's why I'm going to get help. I don't want you to be afraid of me. I know you have a bad past and I was there to help you through it but now I'm making your life worse and I feel as if you feel you have to stay with me because you think you have nobody else and you think I'm the one who takes care of you. And yes I do take care of you and I may be the one person who cares so much about you but I don't treat you they way I should. So I want to try and start over." He says and I pull him into a hug.

He brought me a puppy. I can't stay mad at him forever.

"I love you so much and I don't want to hurt you anymore." While he spoke I heard his voice crack and right then I knew he was being sincere.