Chapter 6: Denial and Acceptance

Astrid's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly. I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist protectively pulling me closer by the time. Before I could react, I could feel a weight on my right shoulder and I could hear the calm breathing.

"I love you, Astrid." The person whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. I tilted my head over my right shoulder to see who the person was. It was no other than my best friend Hiccup.

He was smiling at me.

I was confused at what was happening. I thought Hiccup was mad at me. How could he change his mind all of a sudden? Plus, why would he say something like that when I am clearly his friend.

Hold on just a second there, Astrid. That 'i love you' could be a friendly I love you, right? But why would she kiss you on the cheek? I questioned my self. Well there's only one way to find out what he really means.

"Hiccup, are you still disappointed about last night? A-and that 'I love you' that you said earlier d-do y-you really m-mean t-hat? It's just a friendly 'I love you' right?" I said stuttering a bit. It wasn't as obvious as it looks like but worry is evident in my tone.

"Astrid..." but before he could finish, a loud explotion was heard followed by a squawk.

Everything soon disappeared and my surroundings became black. The next thing I knew was I bolted up from my position and opened my eyes quickly.

"Oh... It was just a dream..." I thought. If that's so Hiccup must have been still mad at me for last night. And if he's still mad at me then he never told me the words I love you.

"Of course Astrid! What were you thinking?! After having many little arguments, Hiccup will just come here and said he's sorry and tell you she loves you? No, that's impossible. "

"It could happen."

I was debating with myself. It's true though. It can't happen but it can also happen.

"Okay, Astrid. Calm yourself down. Breathe. That's it. Before we think about what's Hiccup going to say, why don't we try to figure out why are you dreaming of Hiccup telling you those three magical words?"

I sigh. "Why would I dream of him in that kind of situation? I mean, I wasn't inlove with him or something... or am I?"

"All I said to Heather was "I may or may not have a crush on him." But inlove really? I honestly don't know. I mean he's cute, adorable, kind, heroic, and he's so Hiccup. What's not to love?

Okay, Astrid. This is getting weird. "Why are you debating with yourself about this?" Another loud explotion was heard.

It brought me back to my senses. I looked at my side and saw Stormfly nudging me. She was the one who woke me up from that dream. She must have been alarmed about the loud explotions too.

"It's okay girl." I assured her. I stood up from my position and scan my surroundings. I noticed the blanket that fell off my body when I got up. This wasn't one of mine but... one of Hiccup's.

If that blanket is there then is Hiccup here too? I looked around again but there was no sign of him. Maybe he left it here the other night and I must have used it.

But that can't be. All I remember last night was crying and then falling into sleep afterwards.

"Boom!" Another explotion was heard. Okay that's it. I'll forget about the blanket and find out what's going on.

"Let's go girl." I said. I went towards the exit and Stormfly use the lake which is the dragon's passage way.

We flew to where we heard the explotions were coming from. Stormfly and I landed and what I saw didn't surprise me. Not at all.