Chapter 11: Explanations

7 hours delay of update... I overslept and didn't wake up.

Here you go enkoy reading :)

Hiccup

"So... mind telling me how did you come up with us being a couple to hide our secret mission?" Astrid questioned wearing her signature suspiscious look with both her hands resting on her hips.

"It was the only thing that I could think of since they thought that I'm courting you." I explained. "Are you not okay with it? Cause I could think of another reason to tell them..." I asked.

"Hiccup it's fine as long as we keep the mission a secret. I was just shock that's all." She said.

"Shock?" I asked.

"I mean, I didn't know you could act that well and that you're great at creating stories." She said.

"Well that story was true I just added a bit something." I said smiling lightly at her scratching the back of my neck. She just shook her head. It was true though, it happened just not the last part.

Flashback

After the 'Scourge Incident' when they went back to the Edge, Hiccup found Astrid in her hut with Stormfly. Astrid was supporting her head with one hand and the other was leaning against a wall which was keeping her in a standing position. Stormfly was at her side looking worriedly.

"Astrid? You okay?" Hiccup asked walking beside her.

"Yeah, I'm fine Hiccup." Astrid replied. Her eyes closed and her hands were still in the same position.

"I wanted to go for an evening flight but I felt a bit dizzy that's all." She explained. He assisted her walk to a nearby rock to sit on. He stood there holding her left hand supporting her on a sitting position.

"I guess I won't be able to take that flight I wanted so much, will I?" She smiled lightly at him despite her dizziness.

"Do you really really really really and I mean really really really really really want to go on an evening flight?" He asked.

"Yes Hiccup. Do you really really really need to ask so much really?" She ask taking her right hand from her head doing the same with her left hand. She retrieve it from Hiccup's hand and allowed herself to sit up straight.

"Sorry, I was just making sure 'cause if you really want to go on a flight, Toothless and I could accompany you. That is only if you still want to go, of course." He offered.

"That would be fine, thank you." She said.

She slowly stood up and mounted her dragon. Hiccup did the same but by the time they were about to take off Astrid groaned in pain. "H-Hiccup."  She called in a whisper.

"Astrid!" Hiccup exclaimed and rushed towards her before she could hit the solid ground. He looked at her worriedly. "I can't really take a flight tonight, can I?" She asked with a light smile. Hiccup shook his head. "Let's get you ready to bed. It would be better for you to rest." He suggested.

"I'll take care of her Stormfly. Don't worry. Rest in your stable and we'll see you in the morning." Stormfly did as she was told to. Hiccup smiled at the said dragon. "Good girl."

"Come on Toothless." Hiccup called and his trusted friend followed. Hiccup mounted on him still carrying Astrid. "Take it slow on us okay bud?" Toothless crooned and showed his famous gummy smile.

The three flew in the air taking their time with them. Despite her condition, Astrid felt relax. The wind blew gently against her skin. The sight of Hiccup in front of her safe, Toothless flying slowly, the shining stars up in the sky, the glistening moon, and the beautiful moonlight surrounded her with serenity. She smiled lightly at him before telling him how she remembered the memories they had share together every time she felt like this... at ease.

Their first flight and how the scenery right now reminded her of it, the battles they've fought, the challenges they've faced, how trouble always seems to find them, how much their lives have change, and what other fascinating thing will happen next. Hiccup told her that he never thought their life could change into something daring. He told her that never could he imagine that a runt like him could turn into the person he is now. Astrid bluntly told him that he should never doubt himself and that he could be anything he wanted to be.

The flight was slow so they have their time telling each  other stories. When they reached Astrid's hut. Hiccup placed her down gently on her bed. He placed a wet towel on her forehead and guarded her to sleep. 

"I will always be here for you Astrid. You can rely on me m'lady."  Those were the lines that he spoke to her before he himself fell asleep. He was sitting on a wooden chair beside her bed. His hand holding hers and his head was rested at the edge of the bed.

PRESENT

"It's a good thing they didn't pay attention to the time-lapse. We told them that we've been together for five months and we all know that the Scourge Incident happened just a month ago." She said.

"Sorry, I didn't even think about that." I apologized.

"It's okay, they didn't seem to notice it too, even Heather and Fishlegs." She shrugged.

"Speaking of Heather, what was she talking about earlier. About your girl talk and thing thing? What does that have to do with our friendship?" I asked curiously and confused.

"Well... if I tell you promise me that things won't get any awkward as they are now." She said.

"You have my word. What is it about?" I questioned.

"Uh how do I start with this? Okay... Uhm... Hiccup, this is what happened. Heather and I were throwing axes on our targets. She told me that she like to hit her enemy close so that she could stare at them in the eye. I attacked by surprised. After that, I told her that the element of surprise was one of your favorite tactics which lead us to the boy talk." She started. I nodded gesturing for her to continue.

"The exact words that she said next was, "So you and Hiccup are a thing?" I ended up missing my target and almost hitting a night terror before clarifying that we are just friends. She gave a challenging look and I responded with "Really just friends." It's a good thing she didn't push it further. Instead she said "He's kind of cute." I responded with "I guess if you like that unassuming, heroic, rider type." Before she could say anything else, I decided to. So I said "You and Snotlout were a match made in Valhalla." Then we laugh and she said she's not into the macho Viking type and she's more into smarts like -" She stopped widening her eyes. "I'm sorry I already said too much." She looked down on the floor.

"It's okay, thanks for letting me know." I said. That was a lot to take in. Heather thought we're a thing? And earlier they thought I was courting her? Was it really obvious that I fell something for her? That I love Astrid?

I was saddened by her respond though. "Really just friends." It kept repeating over and over in my head. We are friends but I wanted to end that. I don't have to ask myself twice if I love her or not. The only thing that's been keeping me from ending that state of relationship with her was a question. Does she fell the same way?

Hope you like it :)

Thank you for reading/voting/commenting/following/adding this to your reading lists.

Updated: Friday 28, October 2016
Next Update: Next Week