Riddle me this, Riddle me Kat! *Complete*

I own none of the batman characters or settings! Katrina is mine, as well as some class mates and one setting later in the story. I do not claim Batman as my own!

 Thank you so very much xSinnersNeverSleepx for the amazing cover!

 “Katrina! Run baby girl run!” I heard my momma yell at me as our house was swarmed with men in black.

I looked back to see one man shoot her between the eyes and beat my father to death. I stood on the stairwell unable to move. My parents, who loved me for the entire five years of my life, were just brutally murdered in front of me. I felt all the eyes of the men land on me and I sprinted up the last six steps to the attic of my house; locking the door behind me. The door was shattered seconds later and two big men grabbed my arms to haul me down the stairs.

I thought about everything that had happened that day, how my parents had tried to give me anything and everything I saw and wanted in the shops today. They had said that some days are worth going enjoying to the fullest extent. Their smiles had looked forced all day and they tried their hardest to stay out late, but the plan had obviously failed. I don’t know why these men were here and I don’t really care; I just want to live another day at this moment.

“Poor child.” One of them men said. He walked up to me and the two strangers holding me let me go as I fell to the floor. “You shouldn’t have to endure this kind of pain… too bad life isn’t fair.” He said with a smirk as he brought up his gun and hit me in the head.

I fell to the floor and felt a warm sticky liquid run through my hair as the smell of lighter fluid filled my nostrils. In minutes everything around me was a blaze of light. My face felt hot and I could do nothing to stay awake. As I was slowly slipping out of consciousness, I could hear the sirens of an ambulance. Maybe I would be able to live another day… maybe.