Chapter 17: Addictions

[a/n  sorry this took so long, i haven't been in a very good place. i know that's not a very good excuse because most writers aren't ever in a good place but i'm just sorry. tbh i don't think i'd be able to write this story if i was always happy considering ashton is depressed and my characters have to some how have a bit of my personality in order for me to write them. i'm not saying i'm depressed, because i'm not. it's just that i'm not happy all of the time. ANYWAY on a better note, LOOK AT CALUM LOOKING AT LUKE IN THAT GIF ASDFGHJKL. ok you can read now] 

After Luke and Ashton's conversation on Friday, the curly-haired boy decided that he'd have a talk with Calum to try and make him tell Ashton what was going on with him. He didn't know if Calum would even tell him anything. However, Ashton knew how much Luke cared for the boy, so he would try and get him to talk for Luke's sake. And also, thinking about other people's problems distracted Ashton from his own.

Ashton was awfully surprised at how well Friday night went. Him and Luke got on really well, which was strange. Ashton even helped him with his homework and it made him feel good, mainly because the blonde said that he was the only one who could make him understand. It felt great to help someone for a change. Luke helped Ashton in a way by keeping him distracted. Meaning that for once, Ashton didn't feel like hurting himself. Perhaps that's all Ashton needed to be happy.

The weekend went by really slowly, much to Ashton's dismay. Luke left on Saturday morning and Anne Marie had the weekend off so therefore, Ashton was stuck with her. And of course she wouldn't let him go anywhere due to still being overprotective. She thought that she was being a good mother by not leaving him alone, but it just made him feel suffocated. The fact that she had absolutely no idea of how depressed Ashton was just made the boy want to laugh. She was fully unaware that he was getting worse and worse each day that passed.

It was now Monday morning and Ashton was currently waiting for Michael to come over so that they could drive to school together. Ashton stood in front of the mirror and stared at the reflection looking back at him, seeing his dark under eyes. He looked how he always did; Tired. The boy took his gaze off the mirror and rolled up his sleeves, examining the severe scars that remained on his wrists. Although his cuts were healed, the scars would always be there. He used to be so afraid of having scars, afraid that people would see. But now, he didn't care one bit.

Ashton was cut out of his thoughts when he felt a pair of familiar arms snake around his waist. He smiled slightly, feeling Michael leave kisses on his neck and he tilted his head to the side to give him further access. The sweet sensation of Michael's lips on Ashton's neck gave him goose bumps, however it didn't last long before the coloured-haired boy turned him around.

"Hey gorgeous," Michael greeted and kissed Ashton's lips.

"Hey yourself," Ashton said.

"Are you ready to go?" Michael asked and Ashton scoffed.

"I'll never be ready for school."

"True." He agreed, but they made their way down the stairs anyway. Before they could get out the door, Anne stopped them and Ashton huffed in annoyance.

"Do you guys want breakfast before you go?" She offered.

"No." Ashton said bluntly and Anne frowned, though she tried not to show her disappointment. "Sorry, I— we need to go to school." Ashton corrected himself and grabbed Michael's hand, pulling him towards the door.

_

When the boys finally arrived at school, Ashton parked his car and they made their way towards the entrance. Ashton quickly grabbed his phone out and sent a text to Luke.