Chapter 4: Ashton's Anxious

It honestly bothered Calum how nosy Luke was about the whole Ashton situation. He constantly asked why Ashton was even talking to him in the first place, of course Calum didn't spill any beans. It wasn't his business; the raven-haired boy didn't know why he cared so much.

And as for Ashton, he couldn't stop thinking about how Calum said he looked beautiful when he smiled and the fact that Michael held his hand and also kissed him on the cheek. He couldn't decide which he liked more. Michael's always been so caring towards him, he didn't even understand why.

Everyone else only liked Ashton because he was rich and popular, and the other half thought he was nothing but a snob. Michael knew how Ashton really was and he generally cared about the boy. Although Ashton could get annoyed with Michael for showing up to his house at the wrong time, he was also kind of thankful.

Michael had stopped Ashton from self-harming quite a few times. And even when he didn't get there in time, he was always so supportive. He didn't say a load of bullshit like 'it'll get better, I promise.' In fact, he didn't have to say anything. He just held Ashton in his arms because he knew that's what he really needed.

The bell rang, making Ashton stop resting his head on the desk and start packing up his things. Before he could make it out of the classroom, he was called back by the teacher. Sighing in annoyance, he turned around and gave him an expectant look.

"Before I start, I need you to know that this is for your own good." Ashton began to panic. What was for his own good? What if someone found out that Ashton self-harms? What if they told on him? That's impossible. The only person who knew was Michael. What if Michael told? What if Michael betrayed him? What if he was only pretending to care about Ashton? What if, what if, what if.

Before Ashton knew it, he became short in breath and his hands began to shake. Not understanding what was happening, he didn't know what else to do, so he walked out of the room, not hearing the teacher asking him where he was going because all's he could hear was the rapid beating of his heart. As the boy tried to find his way to the nurse's office, he bumped into a familiar looking blonde.

"Shit! sorry-" Luke looked up, frowning when seeing Ashton crying and hyperventilating. "Ashton? What's wrong?" When Ashton didn't answer, Luke started to freak. He couldn't just leave him here by himself, Ashton desperately needed help.

"Fuck, c'mon, we need to get you to the office."

_

Calum glanced around the cafeteria, wondering where the hell Luke was, but then he realised that he probably had detention.

"Fucking dickhead," The raven-haired boy mumbled to himself. Not even a minute later, he received a text from the blonde making Calum raise an eyebrow.

[From: dumbass]

Come to the office and bring Michael. Now.

Calum was confused, but he looked around the cafeteria once again and saw a now pink haired Michael standing in the lunch line. When Michael saw Calum coming his way, he ducked down and stood behind a girl who looked creeped out. Calum politely asked the girl to move and he rolled his eyes, seeing Michael with a displeased look on his face.

"What?" He asked, moving up in the line.

"I got a text from Luke and he said to come to the office."

"Why do you need me?"

"Look, can you stop asking questions and just come?" Michael snickered, and Calum glared because how immature can one be.

"Grow up. Let's go,"

"Can I at least get lunch first?"

"No."

"But I've been waiting for so long!"

"Michael!" Calum warned.

The pink-haired boy groaned. "Fine." Michael followed Calum through the cafeteria, until they made it to the office where they saw Luke sitting outside staring at his hands which made the boys confused. When Luke saw them coming, he let out a sigh of relief.

"What's going on?" Michael asked, needing to know why he couldn't even eat his lunch.

"I was getting out of detention and I ran into Ashton... He seemed upset- well, actually he was panicking more than anything. I brought him here and the nurse said that he was having a panic attack." Calum's eyes widened, Michael feeling like shit because he wasn't there to help him.

"He asked for you, but he's asleep now." Luke directed at Michael and Calum felt a little envious. Why would he ask for me? We've only properly talked once. The raven-haired boy asked himself. But even though they haven't really been around each other, Calum still really cared for him.

Calum sat down next to Luke while Michael went in and saw Ashton. Calum then wanted to know why Luke even offered to bring him here. He thought he hated Ashton. But, it would've been terrible if Luke had just left him. Calum was glad he did.

"It was good of you to bring him here." Calum smiled at Luke.

"He was having a panic attack; I couldn't just leave him. But- him of all people? I mean, his life is perfect compared to others. What's he got to worry about?"

"You don't know that." Calum said defensively. "Just because someone seems like they have a fantastic life doesn't mean they actually do, and just because he's 'Ashton Irwin' doesn't mean he's incapable of having panic attacks."

"Okay, you always get so defensive every time I talk about him."

"Yeah, because you shouldn't judge someone you don't know! If you were to actually have a conversation with him, your whole perspective would change."

"How do you know?" Luke questioned.

"Because mine did."

[a/n boring chapter but the plot needs to build. Vote and comment if you liked it I guess. btw this story is mashton and cashton now bc it made sense ]