Chapter 2: Calum's Curious

Ashton winced at the pain in his knuckles, although he didn't think his hand was broken. Luke had a really strong jaw, and he knew that what the blonde had said was true. He was nothing but a spoilt brat, but it wasn't his fault. He didn't ask for this.

Ashton regretted punching Luke, because now he was most likely going to get suspended, which meant that his parents would eventually fight about it. He was always the reason for their arguments.

Ashton sighed sadly, getting out of his car and walked up the steps of his huge house; stopping dead in his tracks when he heard screaming. His hands starting to shake rapidly as he quickly opened the door to see that it was in fact his mother on the ground crying.

The curly-haired boys lips quivered, and it was like everything was in slow motion and he couldn't hear anything except a slight ringing in his ear, until he was brought back to reality when his mother, Anne, yelled at him to run. But he couldn't move.

When Ashton finally gained the courage, he walked over to his crying mother and was about to help her up, however, it was like his father had come out of nowhere. The boy started to walk backwards, breathing heavily and his father looked so angry which only made him panic even more.

"Don't hurt him!" Ashton's mother cried, trying to stand up only to fall back down. He kept moving away from the angry man before him, until his back hit the wall and his only instinct was to run. Before he could even step foot out the door, his father grabbed onto his wrist and Ashton was sure that he had torn the cuts.

The boy yelped, feeling his nails digging in and ripped his arm from his grip, bolting out the door so fast that he lost his footing and tripped down the stairs, hitting his head on the concrete. He groaned, quickly getting up and ran to the only place he could think of. Michael's house.

He opened the window, climbing into his bedroom and fell to the ground as soon as he got in. He was sure he had a concussion or something. Ashton grabbed his phone out of his back pocket, struggling to unlock the damn thing due to how much he was shaking. Finally, he called Michael and held the phone to his ear.

Ashton? what's up? I'm in class. Michael whispered through the phone.

"Can you get out?" Ashton choked through sobs. "I need you."

Where are you?

"I'm at your house, please hurry."

O-okay, I'll be there soon. And the line went dead. Ashton closed his eyes, still laying down near the window and starting to feel tired until everything went black, images of his mother laying on the ground playing through his mind.

.*•°.*•°.*•°.

Michael heard his phone vibrating in his pocket, he quickly looked around to see if anyone was paying attention before he grabbed it and answered.

"Ashton?" Michael asked, confused as to why he was ringing him at school. "What's up? I'm in class." The blue haired boy heard sobs coming through the phone, and that's when he knew something was wrong.

Can you get out? I need you. The boy was full on choking through sobs now.

"Where are you?" Michael questioned, packing up his things and trying not to draw attention to himself. Which didn't seem to work, because he saw Calum looking at him in suspicion.

I'm at your house, please hurry.

"O-okay, I'll be there soon." Michael put his bag on his back, walking straight out of the classroom and ignored the teacher telling him to sit back down. Calum stood up, following Michael and called out to him.

"Not now, Hood." Michael yelled, dialling his mothers number. Calum caught up to him, standing in front of him and blocking the exit.

"What's going on?" The raven-haired boy wondered, and when Michael tried to move past, he kept on blocking him which made Michael angry.

"Why do you care? Now get out of my way." Michael shoved him aside and left the building.

What Michael said got Calum thinking. Why did he care? He knew Michael and Ash were close, and Ashton left earlier today. That got him worried, although it might not even be about Ashton. It could be about his family or anyone. Calum needed to snap out of it.

Michael rang his mother, Karen, and told her about the situation with Ashton; luckily she knew that he had problems at home and whenever he came to stay at their house, she didn't question it.

A few minutes later, she came and picked him up; not bothering to sign him out of school considering the situation they were in. For the whole drive home he was so worried about Ashton and wondered what the hell happened to make him sound so broken.

Karen had barely stopped the car when Michael hopped out and ran towards the door, grabbing the spare key from where it hid in the pot plant. He fumbled with it, growing frustrated until he finally unlocked it. The blue haired boy rushed to his bedroom, gasping when seeing Ashton laying on the ground unconscious by the window.

"Mum, call the ambulance!" Michael yelled, picking Ashton up bridal style and placed him on his bed. He sat next to him, cupping his cheeks and gently rubbed them. As he heard Karen on the phone to the ambulance, Michael examined the curly-haired boy
and saw that his head was bleeding slightly, thinking he must have hit it on something.

His knuckles were bruised, wrists were bleeding and Michael prayed that he didn't cut again. He rolled up his sleeves, cringing at the sight and looked away for a few seconds. It didn't look like he relapsed, well at least not today, but it did look like he was grabbed since the blood was smeared on his arm.

A while after, the ambulance finally arrived; Karen and Michael following it to the hospital. It wasn't long until they arrived and put Ashton in a room, dealing with his wounds and it turns out he had a concussion from falling over and hitting his head.

They obviously didn't know how he fell over, so they'd ask him about it when he woke up. However, there was a slim chance he wouldn't remember what happened. His knuckle wasn't broken, just bruised and they also bandaged both of his wrists.

The doctor said it looked like he was grabbed too hard, which caused his cuts to re open and start bleeding. Ashton had to stay over night, but tomorrow he was fine to go back home.

And when the boy woke up, he certainly wasn't happy about that. In fact, he was terrified. But he couldn't tell anyone what happened. Ever.

[a/n this was horrible, I'm sorry. i'm on my Christmas break now, so i'll be able to update more. just letting you guys know that the chapters aren't gonna be any longer than this. I honestly hate long chapters, even when i'm reading. they just take to long to read/write. ]