The Girl

"My name is Ariel Edwards," the girl replied.

"Like little mermaid?" Dean said raising an eyebrow.

"Like the archangel," Ariel said with an annoyed look on her face.

She looked from one boy to the other? studying the men. One was taller with darker hair but had the same tired eyes as his partner. The other was slightly shorter than the dark haired one, but don't think for a second that he wasn't tall. Ariel knew that these were the famous Winchesters she had been searching for. Her thought were interrupted as Sam pulled out a flask and held it out. Ariel took it and poured it on her arm. Nothing happened.

"See not a demon." She paused to and the flask back to Sam."Your welcome for saving your backs," She sassed.

A look of confusion crossed Deans chiseled face. He had seen teen hunters before, but never this young. And this girl seemed different from the others, it was driving Dean nuts not knowing why. He could always tell if something was off, but this was like running into a wall. Dean turned to see what his brother was doing. Sam was cool, calm, and collected, as always.

"Where are your parents?" Sam asked after the pause.

An emotion that Sam couldn't quite place, passed Ariel's face. It was a mixture of stone cold anger and the smallest bit of sadness.

"I never knew them," Ariel stated simply.

She shrugged off the question as if the boys were asking her favorite color. She began telling the boys a story of how she was left on the streets and jumped around from home to home with hunters. Sam listened with the same old sympathetic look on his face. Dean was more confused than ever.

"Sam can I talk to you for a minute."

Dean wrapped an arm around Sam's shoulder and led him to a corner where Ariel wouldn't hear.

"What?"

"I don't know about this girl. I mean, no hunter would just up and abandon a girl that young, and something just doesn't seem right about her."

"To be fair Dean, we know lots of hunters who have left their children," Sam replied.

"Well if you trust her so much what do we do with her?"

"We could take her and drop her off in a town or something."

Dean's phone rang, interrupting the argument. He pulled it out of his pocket and held it up to his ear.

"Dean," Cas's gravely voice boomed from the other line.

"I need you, Metatron is trying to turn my own followers against me. They are beginning to revolt," Cas continued.

"Okay, we will be there. Just lock yourself in your office or something."

Click.

"Cas needs us ASAP."

"What about Ariel?"

Dean sighed,"I guess we have to take her with us, but we'll just lock her in the car."

Sam agreed, the Winchesters turned to the girl. She was standing across from them, arms crossed over her chest.

"Let's go," Dean said.

Ariel followed without a question.

The car ride was long and awkward. The trio sat in total silence, Sam in the front, Dean driving, and Ariel in the back looking out the window. That's when Sam noticed the ring, a small copper ring, angel wings on either side of an opal that shined with all the colors of the rainbow. Sam turned quickly as Ariel caught him staring. The rest of the trip, Sam pondered the ring and how an orphaned girl could have such a treasure.

They arrived at the office, right away the group could sense that something was wrong. Boy was that an understatement.