Turning my phone off, I sigh and get in the car. Maybe I'll go talk to Violet, who's only five. But, whatever works.

Me: can I come over?

Chris: yeah sure

I drive to their house and knock on the door. A very happy Violet answered. I squat down and give her a hug. "Let's bounce on the trampoline," Violet chirps. I nod my head and she pulls me into the backyard.

Violet and I were sitting on the trampoline, when a familiar, unwanted face came outside.

"Go away Weston," I say with a sigh.

"You need to come home," he says.

"Nope. I'm not gonna get grounded and my phone taken away," I said. Weston sighed and ran a hand through his brunette hair.

"There's no punishment," he mumbles.

"What was that?" I say in a teasing tone.

"There's no punishment," he grumbles, kicking the dirt.

I contemplate it for a few seconds but eventually get up.

"Bye Violet," I say. She gives me a sad smile and waves. Weston slings an arm around my shoulder and I shrug it off. "Thanks for ratting me out Chris," I say, glaring at him. He smiles innocently. I get in my car, leaving Weston in my dust.

As soon as I walked through the door, I was bombarded by questions and yelling.

"You're still grounded!"

"Where'd you go?"

"Were you at Chris' house?"

"Are you okay?"

"Give me your phone."

"Are you mad at us?"

I take a deep breath and push through them, up to my room. I locked the door and push my dresser against it. I wrote down their questions on a paper, answering them.

1. You're still grounded

It's not like I leave the house anyway

2. Where'd you go

Chris' house

3. Were you at Chris' house?

Yes, I was playing with Violet

4. Are you okay

I'm perfectly fine. Whoever asked this question, I love you. Thanks for actually caring about me.

5. Give me your phone

No

6. Are you mad at us

yes now leave me alone

-Isabella

I slipped the note under my door and went to my bathroom. Which is attached to my room, only I have access to this bathroom.

Fortunately for me, I have a candy and junk food stash in my room. I could live in my room for a few days. Around dinner time someone knocked on the door.

Knockity knock

Knock knock

"Go away Weston," I yell.