Prologue

A/N- Raven's hut above. I know it's not the prettiest but it's home.

Third Person POV

The screams of the villagers filled the night. They scampered about looking for cover from the beast. They couldn't see him but they heard him. His roar echoed throughout the forest, his heavy footsteps getting closer. For the centuries that he haunted the tiny village, no one has ever seen him. His arm alone was twenty feet long. That was the entire length of the village. All he had to do was reach and destroy.

The ground shook with the beast's approach. A large gnarled hand shot out of the trees, grabbing a few of the livestock. The villagers heard the animals cries followed by the crunching of bones. The hand shot out again, further this time. When it retreated ten of its villagers were gone with it.

The screams got louder when crimson red eyes shone through the darkness of the forest. The beast snarled at the villagers. Most had gone into hiding. Some were too scared to move. It opened its mouth, revealing double rows of sharp, pointed, jagged teeth. The screams intensified.

On the outskirts of the village, in a broken down old hut, a little girl watched in awe. She was no more than four years old. Her short black hair blowing in the wind of the beast roar. The roof of the hut shook with the force of the roar. Looking up, she noticed the roof was barely hanging onto the wood. The girl was more worried about her home than she was for her life.

She watched as the beast grabbed two more villagers. She hoped that one day, with his next attack, the beast would grab her and end her life. She was sure death would be better than staying in a village where she was shunned and hated.

A few hours later, the beast pulled back. He was satisfied for now. He noticed a tiny, dilapidated hut located away from the rest of the houses. The hut was so run down, he didn't think anyone could be living there. The scent of human coming from that area said otherwise. On one of his attacks, he would attack that hut. Smirking to himself, the beast disappeared back into the forest.