CHAPTER 36 - Separation

Start from the beginning

I rested my head weakly on the desk as the professor finally left the room. I didn't want to go out because there was a big chance that Jiro was already in school after finishing his shift at his part-time job.

Okay, Dara Ramirez. Calm down. Calm down. This is not something to be embarrassed about. It's a pretty normal thing. When you see him, just act like you normally do. Seriously, it's not a big deal. When he looks at you, he'll just probably be his old stoic self and give you a tentative glance WHILE REMEMBERING YOUR VAGINA! GAH!

I can't do this!

I can't do this!

"Hey!"

"Ahh!" I yelped in surprise and abruptly sat up, clutching my chest, my eyes wide with fear as my head swung toward Namee. "My gosh! You scared me! My gosh! MY GOSH!"

"What the hell?" She frowned and roamed her scrutinizing gaze all over my face. "You're sweating, and your cheeks are red. Stop masturbating in school," she said nonchalantly. "I'm utterly scandalized."

"Dumbass," I muttered as I stood up and grabbed my bag, following her as she headed toward the door.

"You've been spacing out since this morning," she remarked. "I heard Jiro's already here, so you don't have to be worried anymore."

I stiffened at the mention of his name. Hopefully, we wouldn't see him any time soon because my fragile heart was not prepared to face—

"I need to give these cupcakes to Picaro," she said, showing me the boxes inside the paper bags that she was carrying. "Let's drop by the Black Dragon's turf."

*GASP!* Nooo!

My steps immediately halted and I gnawed my lips as my mind weaved a hundred plausible excuses per second to avoid going to Jiro's turf without Namee sniffing the truth out of me. "Um...I forgot something," I said.

"What? I didn't see anything in your desk. You got your bag with you."

"I forgot something in my locker."

"Okay, then let's drop by the lockers since it's on the way."

"Well, it's—"

"Why do I feel like you're just making excuses?" Her eyes narrowed at me, making me uneasy. If Namee found out that I was behaving like an idiot because of what happened last night, she would probably hold me captive and lock me up somewhere until I spill all the juicy details such as the smell, size, and color. *Shiver*

"Oh," I looked at my bag and pretended to be fumbling with it. "It's in my bag. I thought I forgot my notebook in my locker. Ha ha ha," I said. Seriously, my awkward laugh was a dead giveaway and I hated myself for it, but fortunately, Namee just gave me a bewildered look and continued walking.

As we were drawing near the turf, I was praying hard like my life depended on it, hoping that Jiro was not there. When we finally reached the Black Dragon's turf and when I saw that Jiro was nowhere in sight, relief flooded my body.

"Hey, I brought the cupcakes that I baked," Namee said as he entered the turf with me following her from behind. Picaro took the paper bags from her and ushered us to the chairs by the side. The other Black Dragon members instantly crowded around Picaro who gave each one a cupcake.

"Nice!" Bonsai exclaimed, immediately grabbing one and shoving the cupcake in his mouth. "Hey, Ice Leader! Want some?"

My eyes widened and my heart thundered inside my chest with what Bonsai said.