Crying in the rain - The party

Chapter Fifteen

The party

It’s been a week. A whole week since I have found out and I’ve locked myself in my room every time Noah came over. After a few days he came less. Toby and Becky were in school so I couldn’t call them to save me every time I heard his voice. I’ve been ignoring him, he knows that. Every time I don’t know he is here and I walk out there he looks at me, confused. He doesn’t try to knock on my door; he thinks I’m mad at him. I don’t know what I am, I’m confused.

It’s been two days since Noah came over to hang out with Jayden and I knew he would probably stop by today. I told my brother this morning I wasn’t feeling good so hopefully he would pass on the news and I would have one more day not to worry about talking to him.

I walked down the hall so I could go to the bathroom. Once I finished I looked in the mirror. You could see how tired I was; it helped with the sick act. That’s when I heard it. Noah was here. I took a deep breath and opened the bathroom door. I was about to run to my room when I walked into someone’s hard body.

“Why are you ignoring me?” He asked, angry. I looked up at him and noticed how broken he looked.

“I’m sick…” I said, looking back down at the floor.

“No you’re not, you’re lying.”

“Excuse me?” I said, getting angry.

“What did I do? Just tell me and get it over with!” Where was Jayden at? Can’t he hear all this yelling?

“You’re brother isn’t here right now.” He saw me looking behind him down the hallway. I looked back up at him for a few seconds when we stayed in silence. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him.

“Why can’t you just tell me already?” He shouted following me. I slammed the door shut behind me, but that didn’t stop him.

“Emma, I’ve been waiting patiently and I’m not going to leave without an answer.” I stayed silent and realized this was time. I had to tell him. I opened my door and came face to face with him.

“Before I tell you, you have to promise me you won’t be mad at me? I’m not even mad at you… I’m just confused.” He looked at me confused, before shaking his head.

“You’re going to hate me…” I whispered and looked down. He waited for me patiently.

“I was coming downstairs to see what Jayden was up too, and he left to go talk to Lindsey’s parents.”

“I remember that day, you were actually sick.” He was watching me. I took a deep breath.

“I saw your computer and I didn’t think you would mind if I went on to check my Facebook. I swear I was going to log off and not look around on your profile and then-” He cut me off.