Crying in the rain - Embarrassed

Chapter Fourteen

Embarrassed

My throat closed up and I felt really sick all of the sudden. I felt really dizzy and my head started to pound. Both of them were watching me, waiting for me to say something. Time slowed down drastically as I took a deep breath and put my hand to my mouth, running out of the room and towards the bathroom. I slammed the door shut behind me and locked it making sure no one could get in. I threw up, a lot.

What a great answer, when someone I like tells me he likes me I go and throw up. Great Emma, real nice… I heard someone knock on the door. I lay there on the floor by the toilet silently.

“Emma, open up.” It was Jayden. I crawled over to the door and unlocked it collapsing back onto the floor. He opened the door up and closed it behind him. He had a glass of water in his hands and a blanket. He handed me the water to drink but I refused it. I drank water last time, which caused me to throw up.

I closed my eyes as he picked me up. He opened the door and walked towards my room. Noah was in there putting blankets on my bed and then walked to grab the glass of water. Jayden laid me down underneath the covers and tucked me in. I closed my eyes. Jayden left the room as Noah entered. He set the glass of water down on my bed side table and placed a wet washcloth on my forehead.

“I’m so sorry…” I whispered. Noah laughed.

“That wasn’t the exact reaction I was hoping for…” He was teasing me, but I smiled anyways. My eyes were closed but I knew he was watching me.

“You really couldn’t see it?” He asked. I opened my eyes and my guessing was correct; he was starring down at me. I shook my head no.

“I didn’t want to tell you for awhile… but your brother kind of ruined it for me.” He smiled at me. It wasn’t that awkward talking to him as I thought it would be. He was talking low which I was thankful for, because my head really hurt. I felt him grab my hand that was above my head. He squeezed it lightly. I smiled to myself, he laughed at me.

“Why would you wait?” I asked.

“Because, you’re not over Colin yet… and I understand that.” I stayed silent. I forgot about Colin. I buried my head in my pillow trying to hide my face.

“I got to go home…” He whispered. I looked up at him confused.

“I thought you were staying the night?” I asked.

“I said that so you wouldn’t be suspicious, I needed to talk to Jayden.” He smiled. I rolled my eyes and lay back down on my pillow.

“Oh, and don’t forget… we are not done talking about you and Toby…” he said as he let go of my hand and walked out of my room. My eyes snapped open, dang it. Reality still hasn’t hit me; I still don’t believe that Noah just confessed his feelings towards me. Fate was sure on my side today with me getting sick, just my luck. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.