Crying in the rain - Fights and Food

Chapter Six

Fights and food

“Emma let go!”

“No!” I shouted as I grabbed the remote control away from my brother. He was being a complete jerk ever since Toby went home and I had no clue why.

“Whatever!” He shouted letting go of the remote, letting me smack myself in the face with it. I rubbed my head and pouted as my brother stood up.

“I’m going to Lindsey’s…” He said grabbing his jacket out of the shoe closet by the door. I smiled at his defeat.

“You are such a loser!” I shouted at his back as he shut the door.

“What is going on in here?” I heard Noah asked as he came into view.

“Jayden was being immature and wouldn’t give me the remote, so he said he was going over to Lindsey’s…” I was flicking through the channels. Noah laughed and sat by me on the couch. I felt butterflies grow in my stomach. I can’t feel like this… I’m not supposed to. I just lost my friend’s and the guy I’ve liked since I was five!

The house phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts. I walked up to the kitchen with Noah following behind me. As I answered the phone I turned around and looked at him confused.

“Is this Emma?” I could tell it was Toby right away. It brought a smile to my face. Noah looked at me waiting for me to talk.

“It’s Toby… Go away.” I said glaring at him. His body tensed but he still walked out of the room not happy at all.

“What’s up, Toby?” I asked sitting on a chair by the island in the kitchen.

“Not much, you?” His voice was deep over the phone, kind of surprising.

“I was just watching TV but now I’m talking to you, I have nothing to do.” I probably sounded really boring to him, but as I said this I noticed Noah trying to hide around the corner.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

“The reason I called was to say thank you for last night and giving me a ride… I really appreciated it.” He was being so kind; it wasn’t even a big deal.

“It’s no big deal; it’s what friends are for!” I said happily. I heard him chuckle on the other end.

“Say, do you mind coming with me somewhere tonight?” He asked, a little hesitant.

“Where?” I asked, biting my lip and watching Noah’s arm fall slightly. His arm gave him away, he sucked at hiding.