Crying in the rain - Unwelcomed jealousy

Chapter Seven

Unwelcomed jealousy

“Emma! The phone is for you, she says her name is Becky?” Jayden called from downstairs making me wake up and run down the hall to the phone.

“Hello?” I asked, sleep still present in my throat.

“Did I wake you?” She asked, laughing on the other side.

“No, not really… so what’s up?” I asked, clearing my throat.

“Want to hang out today? Maybe stay at your place. Toby said he could give me your directions so you can go and get ready, because I know you just woke up.”  I laughed as she figured out my lie.

“Sure, be here in like… half an hour?” I asked, she agreed and we said our goodbyes.

“Jayden, my friend is coming over, please don’t be embarrassing.” Knowing them, they will be.

I went up stairs and put my hair up in a messy bun, brushed my teeth, and fixed my make-up. The doorbell rang and I instantly ran to answer it. I made it just in time because Jayden was about ready to get there. I ran to the door and opened it smiling at Becky as I pushed my brother away.

“Come in, this is my brother Jayden, just ignore him if he seems stupid.” I said, she giggled and gave a smile to him. Noah came around the corner. I saw Becky’s face turn red when her eyes landed on him. For some reason a rush of jealousy ran threw me and I caught myself glaring at her.

“I’m Noah.” He said, clearing his throat.

“I-I’m Becky.” She said, smiling like an idiot. He smiled back at her flirtatiously.

“Emma, come here for a second.” Noah said looking right at me. I was still mad at him for yesterday and there was no way I was going to talk to him.

“Becky, I’ll show you to my room.” I said grabbing her arm and completely ignoring Noah. When we walked past him I was sure to bump into his shoulder.

“Oh, Sorry Noah… I didn’t see you there.” I said. I know I was being immature but at the moment I could care less. Once we got into my room Becky started to talk.

“Oh my god, did you see him? He is totally into you!” She whispered loudly sitting next to me on my bed.

“Becky, shut up. We hate each other.” I said, through my teeth as I looked at her like she had seven heads.

“Well, then can I go for him?” She asked sitting up looking at me excitedly.

“No!” I yelled before I had the time to think about my response. Her smile faded but came back almost instantly. I was horrified by my reaction.

“You do like him!” She shouted. I could feel my face turning red as she started saying it over and over again. The knock on the door shut her up almost instantly. Noah came walking in and closed the door behind him.

“What do you want Noah?” I asked, harshly. I was mad at myself for the way I reacted to Becky; I wasn’t sure what I was feeling.

“Your brother and I are going to get some food. What would you two ladies like?” He asked, winking at Becky. I could see her face turn red as she blushed. I got up off the bed and walked over to my door; opening it.

“Get out.” I said, sounding very mad. “We want pizza; keep it simple.” I said, as he slowly walked by me.

“Bye Becky, it was nice to have met you.” He said smiling at her, in a flirtatious way again. Once he walked close enough to me, he glared. I slammed the door shut behind him.