"How do you know so much about him?" I asked.

"Well, let's just say he like a brother to me as much as Haylien." And smiled a sly smile.

Did she know Alexander before Haylien? Her words confounded me but I didn't ask any questions or else she might think I am interested in Alexander too much.

I got up from the ground and dusted my jeans.

"It was nice meeting you Alicia, I will get going now." I extended my hands for a shake.

As I was walking way she called out, "Give Alexander a chance, he is not that bad."

I nodded with a tight-lipped smile and walked away.

Meeting with Alicia was kind of weird. I was not feeling as if she was a stranger but I also felt that I was forgetting something. I just felt that she was right, Alexander was not that bad.

***

"No way in hell Tessa." I shook my head in a vigorous no with my eyes tightly shut.

"Why? I will be there the whole time and it is at Haylien's place. He will be hurt." She whined unlike herself.

Since when did she care if a boy's feeling was hurt?

"I am not going to some rowdy celebration party." I stood my ground mostly because my mom never allowed to stay out late parties.

"Please, Freya. I have never been to a party like this. I have always been ignored as a goth girl of the school. No one ever asked me, please help me out this time. I can't go alone and I have no one but you."

Suddenly I felt my resolve weaken and looked at Tessa. She was indeed in dire need of friends and it was really hard for me to refuse to help. I even helped Alexander when he bullied me.

"Fine. I will just leave you there till we find Haylien and leave immediately." I agreed with a heavy sigh of defeat.

"Great." She said in a tired tone.

And walked away dialing someone's number.

I am not sure what happened but I had to ask mom and then I am going to a freaking party.

I have never been to one because I don't like them. As simple as that.

And when Alexander asked me that whether I was coming to the party or not, I refused. Now if I showed up what will he think?

"Come on, I told Haylien, I asked your mother as well. Can we decide what will we wear?" Tessa walked in and gave me challenging look as if she wanted to say I have no excuses left to bail on the party.

"What are wearing?" I asked helplessly since I had no clue.

"I guess we both need help then," Tessa said pulling me along her.

"Where are we going?"

"My mother, she will be shocked and amazed if I told her about the party. And she is totally fashionable so for this time I need her help." Tessa explained now hopping in the

"Fine let's go then." I was still trying to accept the fact that Tessa made my mom agree and also was interested in getting a dress.

Why the change in behavior, did she had a crush?

As we sat down in Tessa's car, I asked, "Who is the boy?"

"Huh?" She responded, her eyebrows scrunching together.

"You seem excited for the party. You are trying to put an effort. You are even planning on dressing up." I shared my deductions with her.

"Whatever." She responded shortly and I had to laugh at her transparency.