21

Chapter 21

"Who? Do you have name? Description? I can easily set you up with a sketch artist! Tyler, name? Description? Anything?" John jumped, running behind a computer. 

"That's the thing..." I looked at the ground. 

"Was it another girl captured or another person in black?" George walked over to John and I scratched the back of my neck nervously. 

"I..." I froze, staring at the ground. 

"What?!" Cameron  jumped and I looked up. 

"I need to ask the questions first. It's a quick one, pretty simple, easy even, for George and Fig.... Um, am I really an only child?" I gulped and they both froze, looking back at me in shock. 

"Look, Tyler, I think you should sit down!" George finally broke the awkward silence, placing his hand on my shoulder and guiding me to a chair. 

"Tyler, what do you mean by that question?" John laughed slightly, looking at Fig and George. "What is going on?" He looked at me. 

"Um, Fig, you busy?" The receptionist walked in. "It's kinda important!" She gulped nervously. 

"I'll be back!" He mumbled, walking out. George looked at me and took a deep breath. 

"Um, Tyler, actually, you're not an only child! You, have twin sister name Rae! Your parents thought that with their job and their history that having one kid was dangerous enough so, they gave you sister Rae a decent shot at a good life! Your grandparents took care of her until the day she turned 3, that's when they gave her to your aunt Jaycee who lives in New York!" He looked into my eyes and I nodded. 

"Yeah, see, I already knew that!" I hissed. "Rae and I, yeah, we had to find out all these beautifully horrific secrets from the fucking man who killed our parents!" I cried and the door opened again. 

"She's here..." Fig looked like he'd seen a ghost. "Rae is here, right now, in the room next door..." He gulped and I nodded. 

"Let her in!" I stood up and George shook his head. 

"No!" He hissed and I laughed slightly. 

"You're not my father! You can't tell me what to do!" I yelled and he looked me in the eyes. 

"I'm telling you as your boss, not your father or friend!" He growled and I cleared my throat. 

"Good thing I quit then!" I smirked slightly, storming out of the room. I walked into the room next door, slamming and locking the door. 

"Tyler?" The familiar green eyed, sun kissed skinned girl looked up at me. 

"Look, I know that this is crazy, nothing you've ever experienced before! This is just as crazy for me!" I gulped, sitting down across from her. 

"I don't think you get it!" She shook her head. "I've spent the past 2 years searching for my parents only to find out that they're beloved FBI agents! When I finally get to the last place they lived, I'm captured, almost beat to death, and I find out that I have a twin sister! This isn't how I thought all of this was going to go!" She slightly yelled, running her fingers through her naturally wavy brown hair that was the same as mine. 

"Rae, I understand! I spent my entire life without our parents as they went on undercover missions all over the world! I spent the first 2 years of my life being watched by complete strangers and the next 17 years being babysat by which ever agent wasn't busy! I had to watch our parents death and I had life with the fact that it was supposed to be me, not them! When it finally is me, I find out I have an identical twin sister! I've been betrayed, lied to my entire life! My perception of love and compassion is so messed up! If I feel off my bike and scraped my knee, I wasn't picked back up, hugged, and encouraged to get back up! No! I was I screamed at because I 'wasn't trying my hardest' or 'I would never be Bureau ready'! Our parents, never wanted us and I've gotten that thought through my head! We, we weren't planned! At the end of the day, they were training me to become them! To be the next best agent!" I hissed, slamming my hand down on the table. "Full academic scholarships to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and so many other schools! Which one did I go to? NONE! I was forced right into the Bureau! You're lucky! I wish that I was the one they gave up! I would've loved to live my own life and create my own life in this world! You were given that opportunity and you're still stuck on trying to figure out what our parents were like! Don't get me wrong, I understand it's difficult to grow up with out knowing who your real parents are, but, be happy Jaycee brought you in and gave you the life you deserved!" I looked into her eyes and she laughed slightly. 

"Were they really that bad?" Tears filled her eyes as she looked at me and I nodded. 

"Worse than that!" I sighed. "A lot worse..." I mumbled.