4

Chapter 4

Once we landed in California, we sped to our Los Angeles office. When we walked in, everyone stared at us. 

"Do I still have pants on?" I whispered and John laughed, looking at me. 

"Yes, you still have pants on!" He smiled. I opened my mouth and he shook his head. "Yes, you still have a shirt on!" 

"Just gotta, make sure!" I gigged, walking through the lobby. "Why are they staring at us?" I looked up at him as we walked up the large staircase. 

"Because, your dad is the one and only agent Flynn! He has a plaque right over the agent's clocks!" He stopped, pointing to the large gold plaque in memory of my father. 

"I never knew that!" I gasped, looking at it. "It's beautiful!" I smiled and he nodded. 

"Your mom's is the one right next to it..." He gulped and I grabbed my necklace, nervously playing with it. 

"Would you look at that..." I laughed slightly, biting the inside of my cheek. 

"C'mon Ty, captain Figero is probably waiting for us!" He smiled slightly, grabbing my hand. We walked up the rest of the stairs and into the largest office in the building. 

"Agent Flynn, Agent Romero!" Captain Figero stood up, smiling. "How was the flight?" He gulped and I shrugged. 

"Fine..." I sighed, sitting down on one of the chairs in front of his desk. 

"I'm sorry about her..." John mumbled, shaking the captain's hand before sitting down. 

"As you might have heard, we are having an issue out here on the West Coast. We had the DEA involved, nothing. Our best DEA agents on this coast, nothing. Our best DEA agents in the mid-west, nothing. Best DEA agents from the south, nothing. So, we decided to bring in our absolute best. I understand you're not DEA, but, I'm hoping you two can help us! Flynn, I understand that you worked with the DEA for 3 months which is going to come in help for this case!" The captain gulped, sitting down. "Romero, you have an amazing background with DEA before you transferred to the White Collar unit! I'm thrilled to have you two on board!" He smiled, handing us files. "Downstairs we have some of our alleged dealers and smugglers old friends in the interrogation room. I will have Ms. Smith show you down there!" He sighed and I nodded. 

"Are there any covers, or are we going in as ourselves? With different careers, obviously!" I mumbled and he nodded. 

"Good question Agent!" He smiled. "Um, you guys are going in as yourselves. Flynn, you're a model and Romero is your agent. You will go under with the people downstairs and wiggle your way into the dealers. The point is to keep you out of the actually minimum group, yet still in the big group!" He looked at me and I nodded. 

"Sounds good!" I smiled slightly.

"Before we go our own ways, how are you Tyler?" He gulped and I shrugged. 

"Fine!" I laughed slightly and he looked at me seriously. "You mean about my parents..." I mumbled and he nodded. "Um, I'm okay!" I nodded. "Not a day goes by that I don't miss them terribly or that I don't think about them, but I know they died doing what they loved as well as saving a bunch of people in the process!" I smiled as my eyes filled up with tears. "I'm happy everyone is celebrating their life and remembering them the way they are! The plaques are beautiful by the way! Absolutely amazing!" I nodded and he smiled. 

"Good! I'm happy you approve!" He stood up. "Alison, can you please bring agents Flynn and Romero downstairs?" He sighed and a lady with blonde hair and dark brown eyes walked in. 

"Right this way!" She smiled.