11

Chapter 11

I stepped out of the limo behind Cameron in a baby pink Herve Leger Nova Allover Beading Pearls Dress and sliver Giuseppe Zanotti Wing Caged High Heel Sandals. My long naturally wavy hair swayed back and forth as we walked down the carpet together. My eyes were bright, surrounded by mascara and my baby pink lips had a slight smiled plastered to them. Cameron was wearing a plan grey-ish silver suit. We took our pictures and as we were walking off towards the building, John walked over. I rolled my eyes and put my mouth up against Cameron's ear. 

"I'll see you inside!" I whispered before pecking his cheek. John led me over to Grier's friend group and cleared his throat. 

"Tyler, just stop and listen to me!" He sighed. "I NEED you to go with me to NYC for the Halloween show! You can't say no!" He yelled and I shook my head. 

"Jonathan, I told you already! I want to live like a normal teenager! I want to go and celebrate a Halloween with a group of people who aren't models for once! I want to go to a party, experience the best things about one! I want to have fun for once and not have to follow all of your orders!" I yelled back. 

"TYLER I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T GO TO NEW YORK, I'LL DROP YOUR SORRY ASS!" He gritted through his teeth and I shook my head. 

"What else is new?" I mumbled. "You have no faith in me, no confidence! Whether it's writing my name on a piece of paper or putting my shoes on the right feet. You think I'm just another stupid model with no brain! That's where you're wrong! I gave up my future to finish what my parents started. I had a full academic scholarship to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and Columbia but I gave it up to make my parents happy. Even though they're not physically here to see me, I know that they are with me, every step of this journey that I started for myself. If you want to drop me, go ahead, I'll finally be able to live my life!" I looked up at him and he shook his head. 

"What the hell?" He hissed and I laughed slightly, shaking my head. 

"Every bit of that was true..." I hissed, walking off. I found myself at a staircase and just sat there, staring at my feet. In my ear piece, I heard Colin cheering saying it was perfect. As I sat there, a tall boy with dark hair and dark eyes walked over. 

"I couldn't help but over hear your conversation..." He cleared his throat and I looked up at him. "Mind if I take a seat?" He gulped and I moved over slightly, looking back at my feet.  

"I-I'm sorry if we were a it loud.." My voice cracked and he shook his head.

"Don't be!" He placed a hand on my back and I looked up at him. "My girlfriend, Madison, she's actually here tonight too! Her old agent used to think she was nothing except a pretty face. He was wrong! She's a lot more than that and I can tell that you are too!" He smiled and I wiped my face. 

"Thank you!" I laughed slightly. 

"What made you give up such amazing schools like Harvard and Yale?" He looked at me and I shrugged. 

"To make my parents happy! They passed away when I was little and all they ever wanted was for me to be the best possible version of myself!" I mumbled. "My mom, she, um, she used to be a model and my dad was her agent! It was love at first sight! I guess, I was hoping that if I was exactly like my mom, I'd have the same fairy tale ending, minus the early death!" I gulped and the boy wrapped his arm around me. 

"You need to write your own story! Everyone always knows the remake of the original is never as satisfying! Do what you want to do, be your own person! Create your own plot line, your own story. Don't just satisfy with 'okay' strive for perfection. Once you complete your story, go out on a limb and try to turn in into a movie. Never settle. Always strive for the best possible thing!" He smiled and I looked into his eyes. 

"Thank you!" I smiled and he nodded. 

"I better go find my girlfriend, wish her good luck!" He laughed slightly and I nodded. 

"She's one lucky girl!" I watched him get up and he shrugged. 

"I'm one lucky guy!" He smiled. "Goodbye, Tyler!" 

"Goodbye, I'm sorry, I never got your name!" I looked at him and he nodded. 

"Jack, Jack Gilinsky!" He winked before walking off.