3

Chapter 3

"Therefore, Tyler, you and John are heading out to LA." George sighed and I clapped. 

"All I needed to hear was 'stealing money' and I was good!" I smirked, standing up. "Flight time?" I sighed. 

"This afternoon at 3 sharp. Be ready to take flight at 2:30 just incase!" He mumbled and I nodded. 

"Yes sir!" I smiled, walking out. I walked over to my desk and logged onto my computer. 

"What's up with you today?" John mumbled, sitting down at his desk. 

"Nothing!" I smiled falsely, not looking away from my computer screen. 

"What's the date today?" He sighed, grabbing a pen. 

"Um, June 25th..." I mumbled, grabbing the case file from the corner of my desk. 

"JUNE 25th?!" He gasped, looking at me. "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" He smiled and I looked at my keyboard. "THAT'S WHY YOU'RE SO PISSY!" He clapped and I laughed slightly, looking over at him. 

"He doesn't even know!" I sighed, biting the inside one my lip. "He's more worried about me being my father than being myself!" I crossed my arms, leaning back into my seat. 

"YOU'RE FUCKING 19!" He sighed loudly and I laughed. 

"That is correct!" I smiled and he nodded. 

"You're lucky, I'm taking you out to dinner tonight in LA and you're going to love it!" He smirked and I giggled. 

"I most likely will!" I smiled. "I'll be with my best friend!" 

"Yeah..." His smile slowly faded as he turned back to his computer. 

"You okay?" I laughed slightly and he nodded. 

"Why wouldn't I be!" He looked at me with a bright smile and I shrugged. 

"You seemed a bit off! Are we not best friends?" I smirked and he laughed. 

"No, we are and always will be best friends!" He smiled. 

"Good! I wouldn't be able to live with out!" I smiled, turning back to my computer.