Chapter 11

Alice and Bian watched Eric run out of the room. Turning their gazes at each other, they slowly ended up falling on the figure resting upon the bed. No movement had been made, and Jean looked as peaceful as ever. No hair out of place. Alice walked to the bed and began checking her captain's breathing only to wash away some of her uneasiness, as it was registered that he took long even breaths meanwhile his chest rose and fell.

Confusion set in, which showed between her eyebrows as a frown set. Slowly standing up from her kneeled position, Alice turned to Bian who showed the exact same confusion as she did. Why hadn't the captain woken up? Not to mention the team staying alert, their captain could probably sense a mouse shifting a mile away.

"Call the others. I think the pack needs all the help it can get." Bian received the request and called immediately to inform about the situation.

"They're on their way. I've filled them in. Let's stay with the captain either until the situation stabilizes or he wakes up." Alice nodded once for confirmation as the two of them sat down. One watching the window as the other kept an eye on the door, but both of them mindful to stay in the vicinity of their leader, should the need arise.

Silence fell over the room as the screams from the outside drifted in through the cracks.

*****

When Eric finally made his way to the front door of the packhouse, the whole square looked like a slaughter. Blood covered everything as chaos still reigned. Groups of rouges clustered together as the pack members tried to fight them off. Watching such a scene unfold before his eyes, Eric's blood began to boil causing a shift. Zeroing in on his first target, Eric jumped onto the closest rogue tearing its throat out. He then began taking control of the situation; mind linking to his forces. Wanting to create a united front.

"Head warriors; surround the rogues and make them feel cornered, in the meanwhile find the source of the invasion. If you spot children or adults that need to be in the safe-room, then escort them personally. Do not leave them alone.

Warrior group one; go throughout the pack house and terminate every rogue you spot.

Warrior group two; capture five to ten rogues and lock them up in the dungeon for later interrogation – if that's impossible, then tie them up some place to be collected later on. When the order is complete, eradicate the rogues outside the pack house.

Warrior group three; you are in charge of keeping the safe-room clear of any rogues, protect our pack members.

Warrior group four; clear the land South and East of the border of any rogues.

Warrior group five; clear the land North and Vest of the border.

Everyone remember to watch your back and report back to me, should the need arise.
Now go!"

After handing out the orders, Eric received a loud: "Yes Alpha!" and the groups split up.

Jean was the one behind creating the groups for a better and more precise execution. Not only when the rouges attacked, but also a counter for any future events. With this not only the Alpha stand to gain from it, but also the warriors, knowing clearly to which group they belong and where their order lies. Not only that, every group had a variety of members in it; omegas, warriors, hunters and trackers and ordinary pack members. This was to insure a fewer body count, as the groups would protect each other internally.

Eric travelled through the battleground to get a better picture of the situation. As the orders were given, the fight took a turn for the better as the pack reunited. After a clear overview, Eric headed back to the front of the packhouse, as he couldn't shake the worry for his mate. Growls sounded to the left of him, as a group of pack members were surrounded. Quickly stepping in to offer help, Eric was surrounded by five rouges, who growled viciously. Three gathered in front and jumped at the chance to take down an Alpha – overconfidence leading to their deaths.