Chapter 4

Jean and the others had now been living in their new house for about two weeks. He was beginning to accept the fact that he would never walk without help again. He was slowly accepting his condition, the PTSD subsiding, yet still had its moments of flare. Seeing the opportunity, the time was spend training his team. Even when injured, Jean didn't go easy on them and made the training harder each time. Even the guys were starting to wonder how hard the training their captain had been through and even began wondering how he'd survived. After every training the ex-marines were covered in sweat - lying on the ground breathing heavily.

Considering how werewolves had good stamina and almost never broke a sweat, Jean's practice was the devil's work. Jean had decided to train in the woods instead of in front of their new house. The feeling of connecting with the forest, the clean air and the birds chatter were positively soothing. The guys had even made a path for Jean to travel to their training ground, which was located in a clearing a couple of kilometers from the position of the house. Since coming to Florida, Jean's wolf had been restless and sometimes would even howl in his head. Jean kept asking why he wouldn't settle down, yet only received the same answer every time;

"I don't know. But something's calling for us." Jean had begun to ignore him. He instead focused on the book placed in his hands after yet another howl echoed. He looked at the clock and saw that it was time for training. Placing his book on the coffee table, Jean moved to the hallway.

"All marines to the front door. You have three minutes!" The once quiet house suddenly broke out in harsh sounds, heavy footsteps and the noise of thing being knocked over. The soldiers getting ready for training not wanting to arrive late and receive punishment. Once upon a time Jake had done it, the stupid reason being him not believing the punishment would be hard, but after experiencing it, he was always the first one to arrive. The others saw the change in behavior and didn't even try to do the same thing because they knew Jake was always the mischievous type, yet one afternoon changed his whole demeanor. 

The former captain smirked at the memory and began rolling out of the house. He'd been feeling good today, no pain in his back. The flashbacks and nightmares a distant memory. Today was the day he would see how far the boys had gotten in their training. It was something to look forward to. Jean had reached the forest and was wheeling down the path to their training ground. He'd never thought about which pack was living here and if they were on their territory. He made a note to ask the guys when they were lined up for training. Jean felt someone began pushing him down the path and immediately knew it was Jack by his scent.

"I wanted to ask all of you, but does there live a pack close by or are we in a neutral zone?" Jake stopped walking at the mention of another pack. Jean turned in this wheelchair to see Jake break into a cold sweat and then it dawned on him.

"You didn't forget to inform them of our arrival did you?" Jean raised his eyebrow and got his answer, when Jake avoided his eyes and gulped slowly.

"So you did. I assume everyone was in on it. Hmm... This is going to be fun." Jake suddenly had a scared look on his face. He knew what was coming and it would not be pleasant. Punishment never was, but the captain's punishment was from hell.

Jake began pushing the wheelchair, as his captain's expression morphed into an evil smirk. When they arrived, the others were already standing there, grins taking up their faces. That was until Jake mind-linked them about what had happened and what waited for them. The smug faces turned to pale and a pleading look were present.

"You know that doesn't work on me. Get in line and let's start training!" After training for 3 hours, there were four sweating men and one female in front of their captain. The punishment was double the training and afterwards a short break, before the fun could begin.