Chapter 6

Jean was nervous. He had been invited to dinner with Eric's family which was long overdue. The reason for the delay entailed that Eric wanted to give Jean some time to settle in. His PTSD had showed improvements over the last couple of weeks and Eric finally felt like it was a good time hence the invitation. 

Although Jean felt Eric had been too overprotective, he couldn't be more than happy. After he had entered a flashback by cutting himself on the shampoo bottle, Eric didn't pry for any answers, yet came over every night to show his support as they slept together in each other's arms. His care was definitely the reason for the improvement. 

Instead of feeling overwhelmed by meeting the pack, Eric took him to various restaurants. Only the looks from strangers bothered Jean, as his wheelchair was on full display. The question of Eric's thoughts about him being chained to a wheelchair kept swirling inside his mind. Was he bothered by the fact that he couldn't have a full functioning mate? The captain finally snapped out of it, as a car pulled up to the house. Jean checked through the window to be sure that it really was Eric. The military training imbedded in him making it a habit. Jean smiled when he saw his hunk of a mate step out of the car looking as handsome as ever. Walking up to the door knocks soon resounded throughout the house.

Jean wheeled to the door and was meet with the biggest and brightest smile. "Hey love. Are you ready?"

Jean was starting to love the nickname even if he hated it in the beginning - saying that he was no female. Eric didn't listen and Jean dropped the topic. "Yes." Jean nodded, smiling back.
Eric bend down and placed a passionate kiss on Jean's lips. His arms wrap around Jean's waist, as the Alpha pushed his mate up against the wall, kissing him senseless.

Jean and Eric felt the mating pull. Their wolves pushing forth to complete the mating - making it hard to pull away. The lovers were interrupted as someone cleared their throat. Pulling away from each other reluctantly, they turned to look where the interruption came from. In the hallway every member of the house was standing in line - filling up the space. The girls blushing and the guys smirking. "Well, as much as we love the show, I don't want to see my captain getting his face sucked." Bian said. The statement travelling over the group, as some began to pull faces.

"Shut it. You are just jealous." Jean replied while smirking. Bian's face instantly turned bright red and no more was said. Eric gently put Jean back into his wheelchair. 

Eric had planned to take Jean to his parents' house for an early lunch, afterwards they would drive to the lake and go to a cabin in the woods to spend a night or more. Here Eric crossed his fingers. As they were alone - without any interruptions.

Jean and Eric went to the car after saying goodbye to the guys and their mates. The trip was approximately a 20-minute drive. The whole way was spent in comfortable silence. Jean enjoying the trees passing by. When they arrived at the pack house, it looked like the whole pack was outside waiting. Jean's expression showed surprise and he turned to Eric. "Well, when I told them I would bring my mate, they wanted to meet you so I thought why not. It would have happened sooner or later and I prefer sooner rather than later." Jean schooled his expression and nodded.

He smiled for himself as all worries went out of the window. Eric stepped out of the car and took Jean's wheelchair out before opening his door. "What a gentleman." Jean joked and gained a smirk from Eric.

*****

After meeting the pack members and his mate's parents, Jean was tired. They were all genuinely happy and friendly except for a group of three jocks standing in the back. Jean was left by himself as Eric had gone off to talk to his friends. 

The soldier confidently wheeled further into the crowd. He spotted a group of mothers, several with young children in their arms. Choosing to engage in a conversation, Jean headed over. On his path one of the disgruntled jocks stepped into his path. The boy kicked his wheelchair resulting in Jean landing upon the ground with a groan. The chatter of the pack members seized and all attention was on the two people. Eric was further away and hadn't noticed the commotion.