Chapter 3

After staying at the hospital for three months, Jean was about to get released. As time went by ups and downs came and went. Jean's team being with him through it all. The panic attacks having resided after a week, yet the flashbacks had yet to disappear. Dr. Stefan coming to the conclusion that their captain suffered from PTSD. After the diagnosis was revealed, Jean had a member from their group by his side at all times. His military family being afraid of the self harm that took place the day he woke up. 

After Jean poured his heart out three months ago and the guys knowing his condition, they decided to move away after an army friend came by and gave him a letter explaining his early release from duty because of sustaining an injury. Only the higher ups knew of his injury, but still asked the other guys to continue in the military without him. The team declined, saying they didn't want someone else to be their captain. As of that day 'The Black Ivy' was dead and their legend buried.

A knock sounded on the door and the guys walked in with a smile on their faces. Jean noticed that they had brought their mates, well except for Bian and Simon, as they hadn't found theirs yet. No change could be seen in their behavior, even after sitting outside the hospital room long ago, listening to their captain's despair. Knowing that showing pity was the worse outcome. 

"So what do I owe this pleasure boys and girls?" Jean looked at each of them and they were all smiling like they'd won the lottery.

"Well captain, we have some news. We decided that all of us are moving to Florida, we have already bought a house, so you have no say in the matter." Jake pinpointed holding his arm around his mate, Emma. Jean's eyes went wide, but then a smile spread across his face.

"Fine, but don't think that I'll go easy on you just because I'm injured. There'll still be training. I hope you have thought about this." Jean smirked at the group, when the smile on their faces turned into serious expressions. "We wouldn't have it any other way!"

"Good. Then let's get out of here."

"Already ahead of you captain, you just need to get into the car and we're on our way."

*****

They've been driving for who knows how long. As the boys stated, when Jean came out of the hospital, everything was packed and they were ready to go. He had no clue about living arrangements, yet found the unknown exciting. The fresh air caressing his face, washing away the past happenings and leading to new beginnings. He actually enjoyed the feeling of not being in control and going with the flow. He knew that deep down the guys wouldn't disappoint him, as he would do anything not to lose their trust in him.

After a few more hours they reached a town named Brooksville. It had about 7,800 inhabitants and was a little much for Jean, but he could live with it. They drove for another 20 minutes and Jake, who was driving the mini bus, stopped in front of a two story house. The home was painted white and located a little away from the town on a big grass field. The first thought Jean had was that there definitely was enough space to practice, but they had to set up some fences, so no prying eyes would be able to catch their exercises. Though it didn't look like many came out here.

Everyone exited the car and began carrying the boxes inside. Jean was allowed to move the least heavy boxes, putting them upon his legs and placing them inside the house. Going up and down the build-in ramp with every trip. The back of the truck was open, yet non of the boxes were in reach. Relying on his muscles, Jean slowly left the comfort of the wheelchair, pulling himself upon the latch. Breathing a little heavy, Jean was reminded of his situation once again. Resulting in him shaking his head to get rid of the uncomfortable flashback. Calculating the situation at hand, the best plan of action was to lower the boxes to the ground. Afterwards placing himself in the chair once again.