Chapter 8

When morning came Jean awoke before the man sleeping beside him, due to all his years in the military. He studied the defined face of his one and only mate. A smile crept upon his face as he reveled in the happiness of the moment. Coping with his injury had become easier after his talk with Eric the previous night. Jean had then learned that Eric accepted and respected him even though the wheelchair was part of the deal. That fact probably enhanced his feelings. 

Jean's smile grew as the covers began to shift and eye contact was established between the two. Emotions filled their eyes, as they stared into the others soul. Bright and warm. "Good morning beautiful have you been awake for long?"

The disabled man shook his head from left to right, knowing that words didn't matter at this point. They shared a kiss, got ready for the day and went downstairs to get breakfast.

Jean wasn't sure what the day would bring, nor did he care; he only wanted to spend time with his mate. Eric on the other hand had planned to visit the lake and enjoy the calm summer breeze. Nature had been a part of Jean's life after being in the military for all those years and it naturally showed as an instinct from being a werewolf. As they were eating breakfast, Eric relayed his plans to Jean who happily accepted the trip down to the lake.

As all the necessary things had been packed, they headed out. Eric had even made sure that Jean could go down to the water in his wheelchair. Jean noticed the thoughtful thought and a small permanent smile plastered itself onto his face. After making themselves comfortable, words flowed as their lives was put into words.

Jean's family consisted of his team from the military; his army buddies and their mates, now adding one more and soon hopefully a whole pack.

Eric on the other had the pack as his family, and Jean was now added to the mix.

They shared childhood memories with each other as the time slowly went by at a calm pace. The two felt like they had been together for years meeting at the age of 18. They fit so well together that it was unbelievable. Believing that the moon goddess chose the ones being brought together - it really was fate and a great decision on her part.

The two gazed into each other's eyes and slowly moved forward. A feeling of contentment arose as their lips finally met in a sweet kiss. The kiss deepened as Eric pushed his tongue inside Jean's mouth exploring every corner. Moaning into the kiss, Jean gripped his Alpha's shoulders pulling them closer together leaving no air in between. When the two parted Eric began trailing kisses down his lover's neck; sucking and biting with the intent to leave marks on the beautiful fair skin.

Jean tilted his head to give better access, and Eric took the chance to kiss the spot where the mating mark would lay. The marine's hands didn't sit still either, as they traced down his mate's chest and back up again to end up tangled in Eric's hair, tucking at it lightly. Eric was about to take it further, when Jean felt a sudden rise of panic. Not wanting his mate to see him like this: "Eric, wait."

Stopping his actions Eric gazed into his mate's eyes, trying to reassure him. "I'll never do anything you wouldn't want."

Gaining permission from a small nod, Eric began pleasuring his mate. Moans and groans echoed in the clearing as the two melted together. 

*****

It was already lunch time. They unpacked the sandwiches returning to the conversation about their lives; families, likes and dislikes, childhood friends, their achievements these past years and so much more.

From one second to the next the calm silence turned chilly as a twig snapped in the forest making them freeze in place. They were both idly quiet and on high alert. Eric began fearing for his mate as his eyes scanned the forest while Jean observed the surroundings, calculating escape routes, should they be necessary. His hand calmly reaching for the hidden gun strapped underneath the seat on his wheelchair, as well as revealing the pocketknife always present in his right boot.