twenty-eight

warning: explicit chapter. mentions rape. read at your own risk.

It was Monday again, and I stood in the hallway, leaning against my locker. My hands were on the straps of my bag, which were on my shoulders. My eyes scanned the hallway, landing on the girl I wanted to see.

I smiled and pushed off of my locker, walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her from behind. Camila glanced behind her, now smiling too.

"Hey," she turned around, hugging me. "How was your weekend with Reese?" she closed her locker.

I sighed, wrapping my arm around her shoulder as we began to walk to English, "She didn't open up to me. So not great."

Camila frowned, "Hopefully she'll come around. Girls her age are bound to act like that."

"Yeah," I mumbled, glancing down at the floor with my eyebrows furrowed. "I just feel like it's more than hormones."

We stopped walking for a moment, almost to English class. Camila turned to look at me.

"What do you think it is?" she asked.

I glanced over at Lauren, who was talking to Normani.

"I think Lauren knows," I muttered. "And I'm planning on asking her later."

I told Camila that I would come over to her house later, to go on without me. It was after school, and I had my bag on my shoulders. I walked through the double doors that lead to the softball field.

Normani had told me that Lauren usually goes to the batting cages or to the softball field after school. Luckily Lauren was at the field, doing nothing but just sitting on the bleachers.

I approached her, setting my bag down on the ground and sitting down next to her. She turned her head to look at me.

"What do you want, Y/N?" she asked.

I got straight to the point, "What's wrong with my sister, Lauren?"

She scowled, "How should I know? I'm staying away from her." she looked away from me.

I softly chuckled, "Do you think I'm stupid? I know she went to go see you during the party. And I also know that she uses her lunch period to go to that abandon building."

"Why don't her tell her you know?" she inquired, slightly shocked.

I shrugged, "Don't know," I paused. "That's not the point. What's wrong with Reese?"

"I could've loved her, you know," she mumbled, softly sighing. "But I know it's wrong. And we both understand that - Reese and I. So we agreed to stop talking to each other."

"Listen, Lauren," I licked my lips. "I care about Reese, I love her. Four years isn't that big of an age difference, it just is in high school - "

"I know," she cut me off. "That's why we agreed to wait for each other."

I quirked an eyebrow, "Really now? Four years, Lauren? You think you're not gonna be in love in four years?"

"Well," she began, resting her elbows on her knees. "I think I'm gonna date in those four years, but love? No," she shook her head, pausing. "But then again. Two years ago I didn't think Camila and I would be broken up, but here we are."

"Just," I sighed as I stood up. "Just don't hurt Reese, alright? Not now, or in four years."

Lauren nodded, "Okay."

Camila groaned when she heard the doorbell ring. She has told Y/N numerous of times that she can just walk in. Sighing, she got up from the couch and walked over to the door, opening it.

"H - Austin," Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you want?"

Austin didn't respond, he pushed passed Camila and slammed the door shut.

"What the hell!" she shouted, but Austin put his hand over her mouth.

He knew that Sinu was working tonight, and Sofia was still at daycare. He dragged Camila over to the couch, pinning her to it. He straddled her waist as Camila thrashed under him.

"Help!" Camila screamed, hoping someone would hear her.

"Shut up, bitch," he growled. "God. I've been wanting to touch you for so long now."

He leaned down, pressing a kiss to Camila's lips. Camila felt tears streaming down her face. She wanted to fight, but Austin was way bigger and stronger than her.

"I finally got you now," he let out a breathy chuckle, ripping Camila's shirt off, leaving her in a bra.

"Didn't I say the next time you touch her I would end you?" Y/N growled, throwing Austin off of Camila.

"What the fuck?" Austin groaned. "How'd you get in?"

Y/N's jaw was set, "You left the door unlocked, asshole. Cami, if you can, try to call the police before I kill him."

Y/N then tackled Austin to the ground, throwing punches to his face. Camila watched in horror, eyes wide. She fumbled for her phone, her fingers shaking as she dialed 911.

I held Camila as she hurried her face into the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers through her hair, trying to calm her down. I felt tears on my shirt, causing my heart to break. We sat on her porch, watching as the police handcuffed Austin, taking him to the police car.

Austin's mother was talking with an officer, her eyes watery. I had given Camila the sweatshirt I was wearing, leaving me in a t-shirt and jeans.

"Camila! Sweetheart, are you okay?" Sinu came rushing to Camila, Sofia by her side.

"M-Mom," I released Camila, letting her hug her mother and sister.

I sat on the porch, watching the three girls hug. I looked down at my knuckles, seeing them bruised from hitting Austin.

"Y/N," I stood up, giving Sinu a short hug. "Thank god you got there when you did."

"Yeah," I mumbled. "I don't know what I would've done if I didn't."

The car carrying Austin drove away. I looked at Austin's mom, who was balling with tears.

"I'll be right back," I quietly said, walking over to her mom. "Hi, Ms. Mahone. I'm sorry."

"D-Don't be," she sniffled. "It's not - not your fault. I just - Austin - he's a good kid."

I sighed, scratching the back of my neck, "It's gonna be okay. You'll get through it, trust me."

She gave me a sad smile, "Th - thank you, Y/N."

I nodded, awkwardly walking away and back to Camila. She wrapped her arms around me, burying her face into my chest.

"It's alright," I whispered. "I got you. You're safe."

•••

not edited

ew Austin

-Gracie