thirteen

The next day at school, I was painfully quiet. It was now currently lunch time, and my eyes stared down at the table. I felt my fingertips drumming on the table.

"I have news," I heard Normani say once she sat down. "Dinah and I are dating again!"

"Really? When did this happen?" Ally asked.

"Are they gonna start sitting with us again?" Lauren asked.

I stayed quiet. I was happy for Normani, but I couldn't seem to say anything. Lauren was sitting next to me, yet she hasn't looked it talked to me all day. I don't know if I should be grateful for that or not.

"Well..we've been secretly hooking up, so for about a month now," Normani said. "We decided to start telling people, though. And yes, Lo, Dinah and Camila will be joining us."

"Congratulations, Mani," Ally said. "Now, what's wrong with Y/N?"

At the sound of my name, I slowly looked up. Two sets of eyes were on me, while one looked down at the table.

"Nothing," I lied. "Just tired."

Which wasn't a lie. I didn't get any sleep last night. I was up all night, thinking and worrying.

"Queen has arrived,"

I looked to see Dinah sitting down next to Normani, and Camila smiling and walking over to me. She sat down on my left.

"What are you talking about, Dinah? I was here from the start," Normani sassily flipped her hair. "The Queen has been here."

"Ouch," Dinah pretended to be hurt. "Whatever. You're my queen."

I blocked out the rest of the conversation, turning my head to look at Camila. She was chatting with Ally. I notice that whenever Camila is about to smile, the corner of her lips twitch before they do, and I find that extremely cute. And whenever she's nervous, she plays with the hem of her shirt, or glances around and stutters. She also had habit of licking her lips, which I find very appealing.

"You're staring,"

It's then I noticed that she had locked eyes with me, and that the conversation between her and Ally had stopped. I smiled, running a hand through my hair.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I was just admiring your beauty."

Camila blushed - another thing I found cute, "Thank you."

"So - " Lauren interjected. "Camila, Dinah, I'm guessing you're going to the small get together this Friday, then?"

Dinah nodded, "I know I am."

"I guess I could go," Camila murmured with a shrug. "Are you, Y/N?"

"I'll go if you go,"

"Then I guess we're both going,"

"Okay,"

"I'm guessing Lauren didn't tell anyone," Reese said. "That's good, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "But it's pretty awkward between us now."

"I rather it be awkward then her telling people," Reese said as the car came to a stop.

"Yeah," I mumbled, getting out. "Me too."

We walked up to the porch, me unlocking the door. I shut the door behind us, hearing Reese going to her room. As I began to go to my room, my phone went off. I pulled it out, sitting on the edge of my bed.

Camz: hey. you wanna come over for dinner?

Me: if your mom doesn't mind.

Camz: she practically loves you. so does Sofi.

Me: be there soon. (:

Camz: (:

I smiled a bit, locking my phone. For a minute or two, I sat on my bed. I needed at least a couple of minutes to myself. To relax and to take a breather.

I then got up, knocking on Reese's door.

"Yeah?" her door swung open.

"I'm going to Camila's house," I told her. "Need anything?"

"Money for Chinese food," she told me. "That's it."

I nodded, taking my wallet out and handing her a twenty.

"Alright, bye," I paused. "Also, don't let anyone in, okay? Especially Lauren."

Reese nodded, "Noted. Love you."

"Love you too," I said, and she smiled at me, closing the door. I exited the house, locking it.

Camila and I sat in her room, laying on her bed. The TV was on, and we were playing songs from On Demand Music Choice. It was my turn to choose, so I chose Sex by The 1975.

"I love this song," Camila mumbled.

I smiled, "Me too."

Camila slowly rested her head on my shoulder, interlacing our hands. I smiled a bit, playing with her fingers.

"You ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend before?" Camila asked.

"No," I shook my head. "Never."

"Oh," Camila murmured. "Would you ever want one in the future?"

I glanced down at her, smiling as she looked up at me, "Eventually. With the right person."

Camila smiled against my shoulder, then looked back at the TV. Sinu wasn't cooking tonight, instead, she was ordering Chinese food - like Reese.

Camila laughed a bit, "I just realized Dinah has been lying to me this whole time."

"How?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"Whenever she was late to lunch, she would tell me she was talking to a teacher," Camila began. "But now that I know Dinah and Normani are back together, they were probably secretly hooking up in the janitor's closest or something."

"Well," I said. "Normani was late a lot, too."

"I'm glad they're back together," Camila said. "They were meant to be. Still are."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Camila mumbled, softly sighing. "I'm tired."

I lightly laughed, "Me too."

Camila yawned, taking the remote and choosing a new song. I looked at who she chose, Chet Faker and Flume, Drop The Game.

"What's the longest you've ever stayed up?" Camila asked.

I bit my lip, "A whole week. I think. Yeah."

"A week!?" Camila exclaimed, and I nodded. "Jesus, what were you doing? Hardcore gaming?"

I forced a smile, along with a laugh, "Something like that," I paused. "How about you? Your longest?"

"Till three," Camila mumbled, turning red. "I love to sleep. I can't help it."

"Eh, means your healthy," I shrugged. "You have a normal sleeping schedule."

"Yeah," Camila yawned again, turning on her side so her head was on my chest, and her arms were now wrapped around my chest.

I tensed up a bit, but slowly relaxed. I didn't question it, in fact, I liked it. The warmth of her body radiating onto mine. I smiled and took the remote, changing the channel to just Music Choice Alternative, so music could play by itself.

I smiled down at Camila, seeing her eyes close and her mouth slightly parted. She was sleeping.

My eyes slowly closed too, a small smile on my face.

•••

awkward much with Lauren

not edited

-Gracie