Payton and Light

Light's POV: Yup, that kid was for sure an angel... Even if she didn't know it. I could see into her memories when I looked in her eyes. The poor child had such a terrible life. She would've been better if her brother hadn't died... Maybe, just maybe, her parents would have loved her like real parents should. 

   I looked over to see the girl playing with some stuffed animals and other toys and such. 

   "What do you mean she's an angel?" Dark asked, eyes flaring angrily. I rolled my eyes.

   "What do you think it means, genius? She's an angel!" I growled at my annoying older brother.

   "But her parents are so cruel... How could she be an angel if they obviously aren't?" Host asked quietly, still nervous about the whole situation. I couldn't blame him though... It was a little scary to know that a fledgling had been living with him.

   "Then how is she an angel? If her parents are that bad... How could she be an angel? Like shouldn't that be impossible?" Anti asked. I thought about it.

   "Maybe she was adopted...?" It hit me. I walked over to Y/N.

   "Hi, Mr. Light! Wanna play with me?" She was so cute, I couldn't resist. She wasn't like any other fledgling that I've met before... She was more content, not so rowdy. 

   "Of course! But, can I ask you a question about your family?" She looked a little crestfallen at the mention of her family. But, she seemed to shake herself out of the memories. She looked at me solemnly, before nodding to me. 

   "Do you know if you are adopted?" She looked surprised.

   "I've never seen pictures of me as a baby... Maybe... But why would my parents want me? They wanted a boy... I mean, they always said that I was the worst mistake of their lives." She looked down. I felt bad for the poor girl. I nodded.

   "That's all I wanted to ask... How about we play now?" She looked up to me, smiling.

   "Yeah! You can be Hillary the Hippopotamus! I'll be Donald the Dog!" I chuckled at the names... Wait... Weren't those the names of the people who are running for president this year? Oh... (Hehehe) 

   "Alrighty!" 

----------------------------------TIME SKIP BY POTATO BABIES!!!----------------------------------------------------

Host's POV: Light and Y/N played around for a few minutes, before Light got up and came over to us. 

   "She's adopted... I think her parents wanted to try getting a girl... And they regretted it..." Host looked down at Y/N. She looked so happy, why did she have to go through this? Why couldn't she just have a normal life.

   "Host... I know that you're worried for her, but she'll be okay, I promise." Host believed him. "I'm glad that you prayed... Otherwise these two idiots could've done something to her..." Light glared at Dark and Anti. They both were looking down, afraid of the powerful angel. 

   "What's gonna happen to her?" Host was curious.

   "Well... I think that I should assign her another angel for a friend... Someone around her age... I think I know just the angel!" Light snapped his fingers and disappeared, returning a few seconds later, with another girl. Host assumed that this was the angel that Light was talking about. 

   "Who's this?" Host asked, looking at the girl that looked to be only a couple years older than Y/N. She smiled up at Host.

   "I'm Payton!" (@PaytonWhitten22 HERE YOU ARE!!!) The little girl smiled. She seemed really nice. She should be perfect for Y/N! Host smiled and walked her over to Y/N.

   "Hey, Y/N... Do you mind if we can talk for a little bit?" She smiled and nodded, looking at the girl in front of her.

   "Hi! I'm Y/N! What's your name?" Y/N asked, wanting to get to know the older child. Payton smiled.

   "I'm Payton! Nice to meet you, Y/N." She smiled politely. 

   "Host...? Where did she come from?" Host smiled a bit at the small child.

   "Light brought her here... Host and Light need to talk to you about something..." She looked confused, but nodded.

   "Y/N... There's no easy way to say this but... You're adopted... And you're an angel..." Light said, trying to say it and get it over with as quickly as possible. "Payton is an angel too... She will check up on you and Host every now and again, to make sure that Dark and Anti won't do anything to you two... As they're very troublesome." Light explained. 

   "Okay!" She smiled. Host and Light both looked taken aback. Was she THIS okay with that? It seemed so... Payton smiled and chuckled...

   "Do you wanna play together?" Payton asked, smiling at Y/N. She nodded eagerly at Payton. Payton smiled, as the two of them walked off to play together.

   "Well that was easy." Light whispered.

   "You're telling Host..." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that was a good chapter! I worked on that one for a while! XD I hope you liked it!!! And thank you guys so much for almost 5,000 reads on the other Host story!!! That's insane!!! And this one has almost 800 reads!!! WUT?!! I love y'all so much!!!