16. It's Not Stalking If It's In A Park

Song: August (Part Two) - Hotel Books

A/n: I really appreciate the kind comments you guys leave, and it makes me happy to know that other people are enjoying my lil ol story

So please, keep commenting and voting, because it really does make my day:) :) because of that... Early update!

"Stop following me." The sound of footsteps ceased until Hinata started walking again.

He took a few steps forward. So did Kageyama. Finally, frustrated and embarrassed, Hinata began to walk briskly, then speed walked, then jogged, and finally, ran.

But Kageyama was always one step behind.

"Wait!" He yelled, irritated. "I'm just trying to help you!"

"Leave me alone!" Hinata took a sharp left, wondered how he'd gotten into this situation, took a sneaky right.

It didn't shake the other boy.

"Stop running already!"

"What the heck is wrong with you?" He yelled over his shoulder. Shit, he was going to be out of breath soon. Why wouldn't his kid just leave him alone?

"You're the one that's messed up!"

"I thought you were trying to make me feel better!"

Tobio almost ran into a pole before continuing on. He was lucky that he'd been gifted with long legs, because the other fireball was fast.

"Change of plans, you're getting annoying." He shifted to his highest gear and propelled himself towards Hinata.

They were in the middle of an empty, rundown park when Tobio got a hold on him. He clamped his arms around the boy, lifting him slightly off the ground and not letting go until he promised to stay still.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Hinata tried to look pissed off, but Tobio found his pouty face more endearing than threatening. The way his top lip stuck out slightly and his cheeks turned pink was adorable, and his eyes got all-- focus, Tobio.

The sky decided that then was a good time to empty its stomach and let out all of the snow it had been holding back. Flakes floated about them, landing on Hinata's eyelashes and hair, and somehow finding their way into Tobio's eye.

"Stop being stupid and just tell me what's going on." Tobio stared him down.

"Nothing's 'going on.' Now can I leave already?"

"Obviously, something is, and you're just making life harder for everyone by hiding it."

Hinata smiled bitterly. "Thanks. Got the message loud and clear; It would be better if I just disappeared."

Before Kageyama had the chance to say anything else, Shouyou was already halfway across the park.

He didn't try to stop him this time.

+++

Five days later, and no one had heard from Hinata.

Suga tried to stop by at least twice a day (and Daichi occasionally went along), but had gotten the same answer every time from an irritated Kenma; No, Shouyou isn't here. No, I haven't seen him. No, I don't know when he'll be back. No, I can't give him a message.

Everyone else in the club was just as worried. Neither Tsukishima or Kenma had seem him in class all week, so Yamaguchi kept calling him, getting sent to voice-mail every time he did. Tanaka had thought about confessing what he knew to the club but figured it wasn't his place to do so. Even his calls went unanswered.

It got so bad that even Hinata's college professors were getting worried about all of his absences.

But still, no Hinata Shouyou.