8. Get Well Soon Visit

Song: Make Believe- Silversun Pickups

Kageyama heard about Hinata through Suga the next time he visited the arboretum; he offered awkward condolences.

Now, he found himself outside of Shouyou's dorm along with the rest of the garden club (Suga, Daichi, Yamaguchi, and one boy he'd just met today- Tanaka. An angry looking boy with the rebellious clothes to match. Basically, the last person Tobio expected to be in a club for plants, but he was a surprisingly cool guy.)

Tobio's palms were sweating. He didn't know why, so he just stuffed them into his sweatshirt and said nothing. He felt out of place.

Daichi knocked for the third time, mumbling a joke of some sorts to Suga, who blushed and laughed softly. Were those two... A thing?

Kageyama shrugged the thought away, an attempt to focus on the task at hand. What could they possibly do to console Hinata from the flu? And why was everyone else so ready to catch it just to visit this weird kid? Having friends... If Kageyama could even call these people that... Was an otherworldly experience.

He didn't have a choice to come along though, since this counted as an official Garden Club Meeting, which, occurring to the Headmaster, he was required to go to.

Finally, after what felt like hours of waiting, the door creaked open. Standing in the doorway was a small blonde boy with brown roots, eyes wide and looked like he was trying to look for a way to escape the crowd looming in front of him.

But then he sighed, mumbling, "Here to see Shouyou?"

Tobio felt a vein rise on his forehead. This kid's everthing-is-a-burden attitude was annoying.

(A/N: lmao @ Tobio... like ur any better)

The boys piled into the room, and poor Kenma had to jump out of the way like a cat to avoid trampling. He closed the door behind them. "Nice to meet you..." Suga paused, searching for a name and coming up empty.

"Kenma." The boy gave a stare, looking uncomfortable with the attention he was getting. "I can leave if you guys want to talk to Shouyou." The way he said it made it sound like that's exactly what he wanted to do right now.

But Tanaka cut in, slapping Kenma on the back (and nearly giving the boy a heart attack in the process). "A friend of Shouyou is a friend of me! Right, guys?" He laughed too loudly.

That was when they heard the groan from across the room. Every head in the room turned to the top bunk where a pile of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals had begun to move.

Yamaguchi stepped in now. "Guys, you're being too loud." He gently stepped up the ladder, peering over at the mess that was Hinata. "Hey, Hinata. Poor guy..." He rubbed what he assumed was Hinata's shoulder softly through the blanket. "How are you feeling?"

Hinata's bright orange hair peeked out from behind a rubber ducky blanket. After another soft groan, Tobio saw that he was still asleep.

It was 5 in the afternoon.

Hinata's lips parted and mumbled something into thin air. The look on his face was one of pain, and... Terror? Kageyama suddenly felt bad for being so selfish earlier.

Then he spoke again.

"Natsu..."